Rooster thread

Now that he is older and wiser, not to mention sick, he behaves very well. When he was younger and I didn't know as much about dealing with roos, we would go at it more often, but he is/was so gentle with the hens that he was kept.
roll.png

Now that he is older and wiser, not to mention sick, he behaves very well. When he was younger and I didn't know as much about dealing with roos, we would go at it more often, but he is/was so gentle with the hens that he was kept. :rolleyes:  

I'm sorry he's sick, my first batch of chickens was a nightmare. I call the chickens I have now my first because how terrible the first ones were
1f616.png

Back in 2012, when I knew absolutely nothing about chickens, I got 5 chickens, 4 silkies and 1 sex link I think it's what he/she was. We got the 4 silkies from some lady who stuffed the chickens in small cages (she was using the chickens for money and they were all sick, and we did not know they were sick) and brought them home, then we got the 1 sex link from a feed store. They were around 6 weeks old when we had to put them all down. The four silkies gave what I'm sure was mereks to the feed store chick. The sad thing is the feed store chick was like a dog, when you went to there fenced in area he/she would run up to you like a dog and he/she was so sweet :( I'm sure it was mereks because they're legs went out to they're sides they couldn't stand up or keep there heads up :(

Ok, sadness
Today was Arrow's last day living. We are pretty sure that he and half the rest of the girls have mareks, and he has it the worst (i.e., mild foot paralysis).
I'm gonna miss you, buffy dude

Ok, sadness Today was Arrow's last day living. We are pretty sure that he and half the rest of the girls have mareks, and he has it the worst (i.e., mild foot paralysis). I'm gonna miss you, buffy dude
What
1f62d.png
brought tears to my eyes, he was such a great rooster from what I've heard. RIP
1f622.png
sending hugs
1f614.png
he was so beautiful!

This is Arrow's Orbituary/eulogy
Green Arrow:
Arrow was a buff orpington rooster. He died at two and-a-half years on Oct 22, 2016 of mareks disease. His is survived by his two favorite wives Banana Smoothie and Parakeet.
Arrow was the best rooster to ever patrol the backyard. On numerous occasions, he took on dogs, from the neighbors terrier to a border collie to an aussie. He cared about his ladies very much, and was always on the lookout for predators. Even though he was the Big Boss for a little less than a year, he always cared for his girls. He was a very gentle rooster. After teaching Fowler how to crow, he beat him up, but only really got after him once.
When Bear Grylls was still alive, Arrow got tired of being second in command. They fought for hours. Late that afternoon, we took them both inside, cleaned them up and put them both in dog kennels. The next morning, we let them figure things out, and Bear won. That night Arrow went back to sleep in his dog kennel. He lived there all winter. When we got baby chicks that spring, he would roost on top of their cage, and when they got let outside, he became their guardian. After Bear and Fowler got sent to freezer camp, and he became the ultimate big boss, he cared for the whole flock, and guarded them with his life, even though he was a little racist at times. There will never be a rooster like you, Big Evil. Everyone misses you; have fun taking care of your girls in heaven.

Fyall'sI, "evil" is a nickname that all the boys get called
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom