Salmon Faverolle Bantams

Does anyone have a list of places where Salmon Faverolle Bantams can be purchased? All the big hatcheries I've looked at seem to carry the big birds, but not bantam sized. If someone could list sources, that would be quite helpful.
smile.png

I've had both Salmons and Whites, they're beautiful birds.
Once had the opportunity to see a flock of 300 all running together-what a sight that was.

I am a first time chicken owner and out of my 15 chicks, I have found my two faverolles to be the most friendly and mellow and seemingly intelligent. They are standard sized and growing fast. They are always watching me and checking me out and are easy to handle compared to the rest. They are quickly becoming my favorite chicks.
smile.png

I LOVE Faverolles! I have some Bantam Faverolle eggs in the 'bator right now that I bought on eBay. So hopefully I'll have some bantam Favs in 18 days.
jumpy.gif
They are from Hattrick lines. Anybody have birds from Hattrick stock? If so, could you post pics? Also, the folks with Black, Buff and White Faverolles-- can you post photos? They sound so gorgeous!
woot.gif

P.S- Red hen, the only big hatchery that sells Bantam Faverolles is Stromberg's. Catalpa Farms also sells them. Or you could buy some hatching eggs online here or on eBay or Eggbid.

Last edited:
Quote:
Where did you get them? I badly want the standard size but got scared off by "thriftiness" issues. Supposedly the chicks aren't hardy. And then I read they don't do well in cold weather months. So I opted for Buff Orps. I wanted a gentle breed and it was either oprs or favs.

I decided to go the the tried and true, hardy orps.

BJ maybe you should get some yourself and see if they are thriftyness. I am sure mine is! I've had Favs of different bloodlines and they all were hardy and so were the chicks. Lively little bunch! Mine lived thru the coldest winter months without a problem. Whoever told you about them not being hardy had a bad stroke of luck on their end. Just get some eggs from reputable breeders, period!

I am certain many of us here on BYC doesnt have a problem with Faverolles hardiness.

EweSheep,
You have standard...not bantam? I don't have an incubator, so I am not in the egg hatching business. Would you consider selling chicks if I picked them up? I live directly west of you...in Indiana.

So are you saying that your faverolles do well during winter? What type of housing do you have? Do they go outside in the winter?

I am just a pet chicken owner and have only one bantam d'uccle hen who needs companions. I was wanting just 2-3 more hens...that's all. I had it narrowed down to faverolles or orpingtons.

Back
Top Bottom