Salmon Faverolle Bantams

RIP, Fancy Pants. In 2011 purchased my first pair of bantam Salmon Faverolles. Fancy Pants and Muffin produced many offspring. At present the flock is made up of 10 pairs of their mature offspring. Sadly, Fancy Pants passed away last week. He and Muffin were inseparable and she hasn't laid an egg since his death. She has been an every other day layer since she came to live with us in 2011, even through the winter months. I'm glad to see interest in bantam Salmon Faverolles growing. Sweetest birds ever. I live in GA, not far from Athens, Bull-dawg Country. If any of you Faverolles fans live within driving distance I'd love see your flock and add talk adding some new bantam Salmon Faverolles blood to my flock.

Hi. Is it possible to feather sex this breed?
it seems like every other wing feather is a bit shorter but the shorter ones are basically invisible in this picture.

Last edited:
Hi. Is it possible to feather sex this breed?
it seems like every other wing feather is a bit shorter but the shorter ones are basically invisible in this picture.

No they can't be feather sexed. You will know in a week or 2 what sex they are when they begin to feather out.

I have a Salmon Faverolle! just found out, I think he's half cochin though because his tail is just like a cochin. He's my favourite rooster!

RIP, Fancy Pants. In 2011 purchased my first pair of bantam Salmon Faverolles. Fancy Pants and Muffin produced many offspring. At present the flock is made up of 10 pairs of their mature offspring. Sadly, Fancy Pants passed away last week. He and Muffin were inseparable and she hasn't laid an egg since his death. She has been an every other day layer since she came to live with us in 2011, even through the winter months. I'm glad to see interest in bantam Salmon Faverolles growing. Sweetest birds ever. I live in GA, not far from Athens, Bull-dawg Country. If any of you Faverolles fans live within driving distance I'd love see your flock and add talk adding some new bantam Salmon Faverolles blood to my flock.

Does anyone have a list of places where Salmon Faverolle Bantams can be purchased? All the big hatcheries I've looked at seem to carry the big birds, but not bantam sized. If someone could list sources, that would be quite helpful.
smile.png

I had a terrible time finding the bantams, but after a year and a half of searching, I finally got just what I wanted. They are the most adorable chickens. Very calm and friendly. Funny too. They run everywhere. Great layers. I had eggs all winter. Yesterday I hatched out my first chicks. They are soooo cute. Plan on hatching more if you're interested. Have fertile eggs also. Would highly recommend salmon faverolle banties!!!!

Back
Top Bottom