Setting eggs 6-18 anyone with me

caj1985

Songster
8 Years
Jan 11, 2012
Ratcliff, AR
I will be setting some EE and EE crosses along with purebreed Araucana eggs. Anyone want to join in?

Hoping for a good hatch but with Araucana you never know. I have to say I bought the eggs from fellow BYCer. She did a fantastic job and was very generous. I bought 10+. She sent 16. All arrived in good shape. Priority mail was late (of course) so they set in post office over the weekend. Fingers crossed that the storage area was temp controlled as it was in the 90's over the weekend.

I set some cream legbars on Thursday - so hopefully we will be close on hatch dates. I set 7 eggs that were also from a BYCer. I will candle them tomorrow to see how it is going.

I set yesterday, 6/17. I would love to join in as this is my very first hatching, and I'm a little anxious. I found a local hatch buddy as well. She is hatching half of my eggs with 6 of her own in her Brinsea, just incase my styrofoam Little Giant doesn't work out so well. I also got my eggs from a BYCer (Luckypickens). Bantam Cochins; 4 calico, 4 Lavender Calico Frizzles, 2 Silverlaced, 3 White, and a suprise chick.

I am having some challenges with my humidity, and I sure as heck don't understand relative humidity. I am in Florida so it's pretty darn humid here all the time. I am having trouble getting my humidity below 51%. I took out all the water I first placed in there. Not a drop of water in the thing. I have opened the vents. There is forced air circulating. I am now working on getting the entire room to drop humidity to see if that helps.

Anywhoooo, looking forward to the next 20 days with you all! Wishing you a healthy, happy hatching!

xoxo Annmarie

Good luck everyone!!! I can't wait to see some pics in a few weeks!!!

I set 12 Dorking eggs that also came for a BYCer, fairly local to me, so no shipping. And set 8 of my own Light Brahma eggs yesterday, 6-17 late about 8pm. Then added another 7 LBs this afternoon fresh from the coop.

Good luck everyone!!! I can't wait to see some pics in a few weeks!!!

I set 12 Dorking eggs that also came for a BYCer, fairly local to me, so no shipping. And set 8 of my own Light Brahma eggs yesterday, 6-17 late about 8pm. Then added another 7 LBs this afternoon fresh from the coop.
Oh, I would love some Dorkings. I just don't have coops for all the breeds I like.

Best wishes to everyone.

Nube to hatching eggs;a friend of my brought over a bator
with several kinds of eggs.He told me to keep temp between
101 & 105.He did not say anything about humidity
Told me to roll eggs everyday;and how to hold eggs to
light to check them.Any other advice we be appreciate d
Thanks Monty
Started today the 18th.

Last edited:
Nube to hatching eggs;a friend of my brought over a bator
with several kinds of eggs.He told me to keep temp between
101 & 105.He did not say anything about humidity
Told me to roll eggs everyday;and how to hold eggs to
light to check them.Any other advice we be appreciate d
Thanks Monty
there is alot of opinions on temp and humidity but iv had alot of success with temp being between 100 and 101 and for humidity between 40 and 45 and turn the eggs 3 times a day. once in the morning once at noon and one at night. if you need info for when there ready to hatch just let me know
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom