Setting eggs, anyone want to join me? Hatch-Along

Yea, you count the next day as day one. So, for example- if you set them on the 9th, then the 10th is day one.
Today is day 18 for me. Just filled my reservoirs with water and set my little dish with a sponge inside the bator :fl
Hope you guys get some peeps!!!
Nikki

chicks hatched last night well one did and the other one i think doesn't have a chick i candled it and it was very light no darkness in it or veins that i saw and the other one was pitch black and that one hatched should i get another chick for my chick that just hatched so he will not grow up alone /

okay thanks .. idk if my hen would be safe to go outside with the other birds all the birds are treating her like a new hen now and im afraid the chicks might get hurt what should i do ?

i wont be able to get any for a few days though so idk then
Was your chick brooded by a hen? Leave the chick and hen separate from the rest of the flock for a month until the chick is larger. I sectioned off an area where the others could see them but not get to them.

I thought that that's how you count the days. That means that yesterday was day 21. Nothing today either. :(. Man I was really hoping to hatch some of my own eggs. I guess I will candle them tonight or tomorrow and see if anyone is still alive. This is the first time I've had any issues with my incubator.

I did put a wet cloth in yesterday but I'm sure it's too late. We shall see.....

Back
Top Bottom