Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

Thanks =) everything was delicious the only thing I didn't get to try that I was looking forward to was the strawberry pie, maybe next time... unless I could get the recipe? I love to bake and cook =)
LOL....thats why some people choose to eat dessert first...................I got a piece but it was already from the second pie..................I guess if you snooze you lose but I bet she would share her recipe.

I want to add my thanks to Karen, Dyann, and Jules for throwing such a mag party!
smile.png
The girls and I had a great time! It was fun getting to know meet new chicken loving friends as well as spend time with old friends. We came home with 18 of Dyann's cochin eggs, 6 Mille Fleur D'uccle eggs from Jules, and 6 black copper Maran eggs from Shantih. All sat for a day since my car is a bumpy ride and we loaded them in the incubator last night. Monet is so excited to finally have the cochin and D'uccle eggs! She is busy designing a coop just for them!

Those of you who went home with Pita Pinta eggs, would you please let me know how your hatches go. I'm trying to keep track of the fertility in both pens. I have my rooster Zorro in a pen with the best 8 of his daughters but it looks like he doesn't like 2 of them. I have been getting some clears and by the looks of the eggs, they are from 2 different pullets. Maybe 8 girls are too much for him to handle!

I am so enjoying the great responses I am reading about the party. Glad you made it & had fun & I so agree that it was great & the food awesome. In fact I need a few recipes. I will have to send PMs to a few people. I remember someone finding your seed yesterday but I think it was someone that knew you & they may have taken it. I will ask around.
I have lots of earrings & am making more all the time. It is something I can do sitting down.....LOL Let me know what it is that you are interesed in. I only put out a samll assortment of what I have & made sure they were all "chicken" ones.......LOL

That would be great!
Yes, would love to have you make some "Black Copper Marans" if this is possible? With black glass chickens? lol

I want to add my thanks to Karen, Dyann, and Jules for throwing such a mag party!
smile.png
The girls and I had a great time! It was fun getting to know meet new chicken loving friends as well as spend time with old friends. We came home with 18 of Dyann's cochin eggs, 6 Mille Fleur D'uccle eggs from Jules, and 6 black copper Maran eggs from Shantih. All sat for a day since my car is a bumpy ride and we loaded them in the incubator last night. Monet is so excited to finally have the cochin and D'uccle eggs! She is busy designing a coop just for them!

Those of you who went home with Pita Pinta eggs, would you please let me know how your hatches go. I'm trying to keep track of the fertility in both pens. I have my rooster Zorro in a pen with the best 8 of his daughters but it looks like he doesn't like 2 of them. I have been getting some clears and by the looks of the eggs, they are from 2 different pullets. Maybe 8 girls are too much for him to handle!
I have just set them now Debi. The ones with Z I know are Zorro's but what are the D ones?

That would be great!
Yes, would love to have you make some "Black Copper Marans" if this is possible? With black glass chickens? lol
I will see if I can find black glass chickens. If I can that will open a whole new series of chicken earrings. I can do the picture ones with any breed.

smile.png

I'll sure let you know about the pita pintas. I got them in the bator around noon today.....

I have just set them now Debi. The ones with Z I know are Zorro's but what are the D ones?

I will see if I can find black glass chickens. If I can that will open a whole new series of chicken earrings. I can do the picture ones with any breed.
The D ones are from my cockerel Don Juan and the 7 original hens. He has only been with them since 3/28 when he replaced Poncho who went on to freezer camp. The few chicks that I have hatched from this pen have been fat and healthy!

I would love to have Langshan and Pita Pinta earrings!!!
wink.png

The D ones are from my cockerel Don Juan and the 7 original hens. He has only been with them since 3/28 when he replaced Poncho who went on to freezer camp. The few chicks that I have hatched from this pen have been fat and healthy!

I would love to have Langshan and Pita Pinta earrings!!!
wink.png
Okay everyone is in the incubator.
As for the earrings.............you can count on them if I can find good pictures of them. A new hunt begins....LOL

Back
Top Bottom