Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

I hatched a couple Ams, a blue & a black so far and bought some Wheaten Marans chicks from a local breeder that had bought my Wheaten Marans. Funny how things that go around come back around....LOL. I need to get busy around here. A lot of you already know how messy my place gets & my son is working full time plus this week when I could have put him to work.....LOL. My husband has been building a new area in the pool area. He is putting in a sink & counter in a covered area. I don't know how much he will have done by Sunday but we are good to go.

Well, I'll be pouting and complaining about how far away from everyone I am...

;-)

But seriously, it sounds like you folks are going to have a great time. Any chance that some year, the party could be midJune-ish? Or is it too hot by then? I could *possibly* justify a 10-hour trip once I'm done with the school district for the summer, but not while I'm still working...

;-)

But seriously, it sounds like you folks are going to have a great time. Any chance that some year, the party could be midJune-ish? Or is it too hot by then? I could *possibly* justify a 10-hour trip once I'm done with the school district for the summer, but not while I'm still working...

Sorry you're so far. We do have people that come maybe 3 hours away but I certainly wouldn't want to travel 10 hours. As to having it later in the year we can plan it whenever............... It is usually very hot here in Turlock in June , July & August. My daughter got married here in the backyard 17 years ago on a scorching 104 degree day in July & we have kind of learned are lesson. This year I am hoping it is warm enough to swim by May 3rd. for those that want to. It will certainly be nice enough to sit out & visit & get to know one another better. There is never too much chicken talk with like minded people.
Karen

;-)

We just need to find a place further north to have a party too. More parties would be better. :)

We just need to find a place further north to have a party too. More parties would be better. :)

There used to be one in Oakland that Jeremy organized & when Cheryl was here she did them in Lafayette & then at some ranch waaaaaaaaay out in the middle of now where I think somewhere near Pleasanton. It just takes someone willing to plan it & gather lots of helpers to pull it off. I basically offer the place then everyone else pitches in & pulls it off. Jules, Dyann & I met at the Modesto show & chose a date after talking to others at the show & then made a list of what needed to happen for it to go. We did that over coffee & visiting after the show. We are 3 ladies from 3 different places that just made a list & then they posted & away we go. After doing a few of these we kind of know what is needed & I am sure would be willing to share our learning experiences with anyone else that wants to give it a go.
Karen

Is there a consolidated list of the food? I'm trying to decide what to bring. I've been reading through the thread but am hoping that all the food is listed in one post, :)

Last edited:
Is there a consolidated list of the food? I'm trying to decide what to bring. I've been reading through the thread but am hoping that all the food is listed in one post, :)
I'm having the same problem - not sure what to bring.

And it looks like I'll have 2 friends joining me :)

Monet and I are coming plus she is bringing her friend Sadie. Sadie helps take care of my breeding chickens at the farm and also went with us to the poultry show in Modesto.

Ok, I am going to have a showgirl trio availible. A blue NN rooster ( light calico leakage) , proven fertility about 2 years old. A young NN pullet, both bow tie, and a blue SIZZLE showgirl pullet. The sizzle is currently broody.
These guys are not cheap, but Id like to find the boy a home so willing to part with 2 hens. If you only want to rooster and the sizzle showgirl, thats possible too. I have never had a sexed sizzle to sell before!

I have crappy pics, but lets see what I've got.

I also have a smooth and sizzle pair, not sexed, but by feather set, about 12 weeks old. Their might be another one about that age too, id have to check.

I also have some jubilee chicks that mum abandoned last night that slept on their own, 5 weeks.

I MIGHT have a few marans chicks depending on how the hatch goes, these will be brand new and I think most are spoken for.

I have some 4-5 week old sizzle showgirls, too, but they are still in fragile stages, so i'm unsure about bringing them to the party.

PM if interested, or want pictures. We will need to figure out exchanging birds etc not on site. My phone is being a pain, ill try and get some new ones but i'm also having to pack 1/2 my house to redo the floors this week, so I'm crazy busy, plus have exams next week.

Back
Top Bottom