Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

I need to change my type of salad. Instead of a Chinese cabbage, I'm going to bring one with chopped kale & shaved Brussel sprouts with a lemon vinegrette dressing. I'm not a big kale fan but this one is GOOD. Plus I'll bring a bunch of King's Hawaiian rolls.

I need to change my type of salad. Instead of a Chinese cabbage, I'm going to bring one with chopped kale & shaved Brussel sprouts with a lemon vinegrette dressing. I'm not a big kale fan but this one is GOOD. Plus I'll bring a bunch of King's Hawaiian rolls.
you are not making me a salad fan! lol

I will be bringing bantam Cochin eggs from my breeding and mixed pens. I have Mille fleur, calico, and buff barred projects plus a pen with a gorgeous mottled x silver penciled roo over about 15 different colors and patterns of bantam Cochin hens. The cartons will be mixes from the pens, as I have lots of cochinbators who would rather imitate zombies right now rather than lay eggs.

Sorry for the absence, but I was enjoying a lovely vacation with family in Idaho..

Here is what I "should have" available on Sunday:

Olive Eggers
Easter Eggers (possibly pure Blue/Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, but I can't 100% guarantee purity just yet)
Pita Pinta
Sumatra - LF
Serama - limited
Mille Fleur D'uccle - limited

I have a few others that are VERY limited, PM me if you know what I have that you may need.

I will also have some barnyard surprise cartons in both LF and Bantam

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

I will be in Fresno this weekend, so I may swing by for a bit if I get everything done soon enough. It will be nice to visit with old friends and to make some new ones.

Walt

Anyone coming to the party interested in helping hatch some silkie eggs? Neal and I are having trouble hatching silkies and after reading up it looks like they need their own treatment and do not do well hatching alongside other regular chicken eggs.

Anyone with experience hatching them or broodies that might be able to help?

I'm bringing Strawberry pie!

Chris - I confirmed pick-up of you CCL eggs on Saturday with Sarah.

And I swore I wouldn't set any more eggs until I was back from vacation in June (don't want to leave the house sitter with chicks to care for) but I've had 2 ladies giving me the broody stare last night when I went to collect eggs. Blue (my LF cochin- who brooded wonderfully in November) and her daughter (Cochin - mix of bantam & LF)...agggg - I have ZERO chicken will power...

Back
Top Bottom