Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

I'm bringing Strawberry pie!

Chris - I confirmed pick-up of you CCL eggs on Saturday with Sarah.

And I swore I wouldn't set any more eggs until I was back from vacation in June (don't want to leave the house sitter with chicks to care for) but I've had 2 ladies giving me the broody stare last night when I went to collect eggs. Blue (my LF cochin- who brooded wonderfully in November) and her daughter (Cochin - mix of bantam & LF)...agggg - I have ZERO chicken will power...

Strawberry pie is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kern

I am bringing 1 dozen Cream legbar eggs to donate to the Raffle!
Than at least 6 of each one of these breeds for the SWAP...
(1) Wheat Marans Hatch fairly easy
(2) White Marans
(3) Partridge Brahma
(4) barbed cochin bantams
(5) Olive eggers (1/2 cuckoo marans /1/2 cclb. first cross made a beautiful chicken I don't know will happen the second!!!!!
(6) Olive eggers splash Marans roo/ black hen
Ranch marans hens, black and blue (manure spread) Most are clean legged) splash marans roo. If it allowable. Let me know if not allow

LOOK what hatched this morning. Somewhere between 4 and 6 AM. I was out there at 4 NO baby back at 6am this is what I found..... Isn't he cute. Have to show you his baby blues. next picture

To make it chicken related, He woke up the chickens and the turkeys.....

I am bringing 1 dozen Cream legbar eggs to donate to the Raffle!
Than at least 6 of each one of these breeds for the SWAP...
(1) Wheat Marans Hatch fairly easy
(2) White Marans
(3) Partridge Brahma
(4) barbed cochin bantams
(5) Olive eggers (1/2 cuckoo marans /1/2 cclb. first cross made a beautiful chicken I don't know will happen the second!!!!!
(6) Olive eggers splash Marans roo/ black hen
Ranch marans hens, black and blue (manure spread) Most are clean legged) splash marans roo. If it allowable. Let me know if not allow

LOOK what hatched this morning. Somewhere between 4 and 6 AM. I was out there at 4 NO baby back at 6am this is what I found..... Isn't he cute. Have to show you his baby blues. next picture

To make it chicken related, He woke up the chickens and the turkeys.....

Forgot what everyone else bringing to Swap.

I'm back to thinking I won't make it. Spent most of the night working :) I do love being at a birth but sometimes the schedule is exhausting. (FYI for those that don't already know, I am a doula). Helping my parents move tonight and my best friends move tomorrow. My in-laws are leaving CA to go home to MO and informed me that they are coming over after church to say goodbye to the kiddos. Then a very dear friend from out of town sent a text and said she would be in town and could she come visit Sunday evening.
th.gif
AND... I'm on call for 3 pending births. I kept thinking I could squeeze it in because (quite frankly) I don't get to talk chicken near enough. My friends approach the subject with great caution.
lau.gif
I know that I would have a wonderful day visiting and learning from you all!

Those of you that wanted chicks/eggs from me, it is OK to go ahead and stop by the farm on your way in/out of town. PM me for the address.
@sewandgrow , perhaps we will get a chance to visit soon! I know that someone will be coming by the farm so maybe I could still get eggs. Otherwise I can wait until a less hectic moment!

Anyone coming to the party interested in helping hatch some silkie eggs? Neal and I are having trouble hatching silkies and after reading up it looks like they need their own treatment and do not do well hatching alongside other regular chicken eggs.

Anyone with experience hatching them or broodies that might be able to help?

neil i can help but im far for you to collect and would not be able to put them a brooder as the floors will still be in process in 21 days so theyd need to be picked up.
@sewandgrow i like salad but hate kAle.

It was too hot to cook yezterday so im waiting till tonight to make the pdc. If it cools down enough ill make chocolate pomegranate. If not you all get normal

I have not been able to read this thread but the girls and I are planning to come.
Im also looking to buy a chick brooder. Does anyone have one for sale?

I am coming straight from church so Ill pick up something at the store. Probably a veggie/ ranch tray.

Last edited:
I am bringing 1 dozen Cream legbar eggs to donate to the Raffle! Than at least 6 of each one of these breeds for the SWAP... (1) Wheat Marans Hatch fairly easy (2) White Marans (3) Partridge Brahma (4) barbed cochin bantams (5) Olive eggers (1/2 cuckoo marans /1/2 cclb. first cross made a beautiful chicken I don't know will happen the second!!!!! (6) Olive eggers splash Marans roo/ black hen Ranch marans hens, black and blue (manure spread) Most are clean legged) splash marans roo. If it allowable. Let me know if not allow LOOK what hatched this morning. Somewhere between 4 and 6 AM. I was out there at 4 NO baby back at 6am this is what I found..... Isn't he cute. Have to show you his baby blues. next picture To make it chicken related, He woke up the chickens and the turkeys.....
Sue that sounds great! I know I'll be buying extra raffle tickets for those CCL eggs! Lovely swap selections too. Yay! I'm thinking we might just go ahead & do a mixed swap too. I have OEs & EEs to bring for that as well. That way people who want pure breeds can be sure they'll get what they want in that first swap. Hatchaholics and those looking for pretty & possibly unusual eggs/birds can do the mixed as well. Everybody wins! I love your new blue-eyed baby, I miss having them around here at that age :(

I am bringing 1 dozen Cream legbar eggs to donate to the Raffle! Than at least 6 of each one of these breeds for the SWAP... (1) Wheat Marans Hatch fairly easy (2) White Marans (3) Partridge Brahma (4) barbed cochin bantams (5) Olive eggers (1/2 cuckoo marans /1/2 cclb. first cross made a beautiful chicken I don't know will happen the second!!!!! (6) Olive eggers splash Marans roo/ black hen Ranch marans hens, black and blue (manure spread) Most are clean legged) splash marans roo. If it allowable. Let me know if not allow LOOK what hatched this morning. Somewhere between 4 and 6 AM. I was out there at 4 NO baby back at 6am this is what I found..... Isn't he cute. Have to show you his baby blues. next picture To make it chicken related, He woke up the chickens and the turkeys.....
Awww that's the biggest buffest hatchling I ever saw, do you think he'll feather out golden or lighter ? =)

Last edited:
Sue that sounds great! I know I'll be buying extra raffle tickets for those CCL eggs! Lovely swap selections too. Yay!

I'm thinking we might just go ahead & do a mixed swap too. I have OEs & EEs to bring for that as well. That way people who want pure breeds can be sure they'll get what they want in that first swap. Hatchaholics and those looking for pretty & possibly unusual eggs/birds can do the mixed as well. Everybody wins!

I love your new blue-eyed baby, I miss having them around here at that age :(
aww....
Well I guess it's still awesome =) I just put most all my mixes in an incubator..like yesterday.. owell maybe I'll get lucky and every chicken will lay tomorrow and Sunday morning ;)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom