Sewandgrow's Third Annual "Friends of A Feather" Poultry Party, Turlock CA, May 3rd, 2015 (Chat Thre

Just wondering if anyone might be bringing lf buff Cochin eggs to swap? Also I have a friend with two pairs of showable red naked neck turkens 2 month old chicks available for sale/trade if any one is interested in an off property deal, please pm me to get in contact with her.
I am getting my potato salad started =)
Looks like I'll have enough swapping eggs after all =)
Need to go check the mail box, my cousin custom made me some feather earrings from my favorite birds to wear tomorrow =)
Your potato salad was awesome. At 9 o'clock last night after everyone was gone & I settled in my chair I ate your potato salad, Lisa's (the Keeper) kale & brussel sprout salad & Kern salsa & chips for my late dinner.................Great.!!! Thanks so much to all of you for your leftovers.....

I am bringing 1 dozen Cream legbar eggs to donate to the Raffle!
Than at least 6 of each one of these breeds for the SWAP...
(1) Wheat Marans Hatch fairly easy
(2) White Marans
(3) Partridge Brahma
(4) barbed cochin bantams
(5) Olive eggers (1/2 cuckoo marans /1/2 cclb. first cross made a beautiful chicken I don't know will happen the second!!!!!
(6) Olive eggers splash Marans roo/ black hen
Ranch marans hens, black and blue (manure spread) Most are clean legged) splash marans roo. If it allowable. Let me know if not allow

LOOK what hatched this morning. Somewhere between 4 and 6 AM. I was out there at 4 NO baby back at 6am this is what I found..... Isn't he cute. Have to show you his baby blues. next picture

To make it chicken related, He woke up the chickens and the turkeys.....
Geat Sue............I am so behind because of my computer glitch that I didn't even know about this addition. Who got your white Marans eggs??? Just asking???? I have had them before from Substainableyield up in Arnold & her's came dowm from Canada many years ago. I sold them back to her when she lost her flock to predators.

I'm back to thinking I won't make it. Spent most of the night working :) I do love being at a birth but sometimes the schedule is exhausting. (FYI for those that don't already know, I am a doula). Helping my parents move tonight and my best friends move tomorrow. My in-laws are leaving CA to go home to MO and informed me that they are coming over after church to say goodbye to the kiddos. Then a very dear friend from out of town sent a text and said she would be in town and could she come visit Sunday evening.
th.gif
AND... I'm on call for 3 pending births. I kept thinking I could squeeze it in because (quite frankly) I don't get to talk chicken near enough. My friends approach the subject with great caution.
lau.gif
I know that I would have a wonderful day visiting and learning from you all!

Those of you that wanted chicks/eggs from me, it is OK to go ahead and stop by the farm on your way in/out of town. PM me for the address.
@sewandgrow , perhaps we will get a chance to visit soon! I know that someone will be coming by the farm so maybe I could still get eggs. Otherwise I can wait until a less hectic moment!
Sorry you couldn't come. The only AM eggs I had available were half baked but I was willing to rob the incubator since Kaylish was going straight to your house they would be fine. I have done that myself with a successful hatch after a much longer trip.

neil i can help but im far for you to collect and would not be able to put them a brooder as the floors will still be in process in 21 days so theyd need to be picked up.
@sewandgrow i like salad but hate kAle.

It was too hot to cook yezterday so im waiting till tonight to make the pdc. If it cools down enough ill make chocolate pomegranate. If not you all get normal
Thanks for your leftovers Shantih. I had never had it before & am eager to have my husband try the chocolate. The vanilla is MINE.....LOL He is a chocoholic. I am interested in your cooking method & the machine you have that does it. I want to try meat that way. So enjoyed you & Mario, as always, & get such a kick out of your back & forth banter about more hatching eggs....LOL

I have not been able to read this thread but the girls and I are planning to come.
Im also looking to buy a chick brooder. Does anyone have one for sale?

I am coming straight from church so Ill pick up something at the store. Probably a veggie/ ranch tray.
So glad you girls made it. I hadn't read your post til now. I know how busy you are but what kind of brooder are you looking for?

had a great time. loved hearing others stories and how many chickens they have. also talking about others project colors is always a bonus. im off to deliver some of the eggs I scored from the raffle and swap to my mother and her friends who could not attend.

Hi... We are hoping to RSVP, and bring a dish that would help fill a gap in the menu, or cookies? If someone could send the address, that would be great. Hope to see everyone tomorrow...
Lisa I am so glad you & your husband got to come & I was serious about a road trip. I would love to come up some time if that is okay with you. I had someone else want to come too & Jules is always my driver & traveling friend. I think Dyann (Chooklet) would love to come too. Maybe we can work something out amongst us. I wish we had been able to talk more. Hope you two enjoyed yourselves.

Just wondering if anyone might be bringing lf buff Cochin eggs to swap? Also I have a friend with two pairs of showable red naked neck turkens 2 month old chicks available for sale/trade if any one is interested in an off property deal, please pm me to get in contact with her.
I am getting my potato salad started =)
Looks like I'll have enough swapping eggs after all =)
Need to go check the mail box, my cousin custom made me some feather earrings from my favorite birds to wear tomorrow =)
So glad you got your earrings in time to wear & share with us.

Just too many things happening at once today
sad.png
so I'm not going to make it. To bad for you all because those Frito-Lay chips and dip I acquired are to die for.
So sorry you missed Clifford......it was awesome & would have loved having you & I have room for your truck if you ever need it again. You can have the whole south driveway that wrapped around to get out on the North side so you aren't trapped or forced to back up all the way.

Back
Top Bottom