She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

@chickiedoodahs welcome! Dont feel like you interrupt. We get silly sometimes, but we're still here to help. Lots of knowledgeable folks here. I haven't had a broody yet, but I believe cppeace gave perfect advice. The waiting is the hardest, but so rewarding when the first little cutie pops out! Best of luck to you!! Sounds like you have done a fine job, so hang in there another couple of days. Post some pics when they hatch!

No idea if my picture will come up but that was when we candled at 15 days I think although it may have been earlier now that I'm thinking about it, maybe 13 days. Hopefully the pro hatchers will be able to tell me if it looked normal?

Thanks all for the warm welcome, helps when asking silly questions!

No idea if my picture will come up but that was when we candled at 15 days I think although it may have been earlier now that I'm thinking about it, maybe 13 days. Hopefully the pro hatchers will be able to tell me if it looked normal?

From what I can see that looks fairly normal. by 10 days thee is usually a defined black dot and lots of veins. :) You can see some movement often as well. Candling can be quite addictive when incubating lol

That looks to be around day 15 to me. Hopefully someone else comments to confirm. I wouldn't start to worry untill day 22. Because you probably have pips but the chicks just haven't hatched yet.

I turned off the incubator today. I really want to do eggtopsys but I don't think I can! I don't know why but every time I start to make a whole in the air cell I stop. I think I'm traumatized from the first & last time I did it and there was a live chick inside! AmyLynn, please come to my house and eggtopsy the eggs for me!! Come on, we're both in NY! ;)

Back
Top Bottom