She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Sc- yes I'm sure it's day 21 but I think because I set them late in the evening that maybe it's not day 21 till this evening if you get me so maybe I'm a little ahead of my eggs timing, I'm a complete sucker though and went to check again but broody had gone for a quick break so I candled 1 egg and the beak was definately in the air sac so I've decided that she's obviously doing a fine job without me so ill leave her be tonight and decide to candle tomorrow if no progression.

I'm like a small child a Xmas so waiting for OH to come home from work to stop me lol

How big was the air sac supposed to be this late in the game? It seemed huge almost too big but was on a lovely slant like the diagrams but surely the chicks will be tiny? They are polish eggs of 2 different colours that I picked up from a friend because I don't have a rooster (yet). I couldn't take a picture because I was using my phone to candle but must of been about 1/3 of the egg if a little less.
My polish always have large air cells in comparison to my hybrid breeds. With a broody doing the work, I wouldn't worry about every little detail. The most expensive incubators are just an attempt to hatch as well as a broody. If they are developed that well, and already pipping to the air cell, then you will have a good hatch soon. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't dare touch the eggs at this time, but that's just me

I like setting in the morning, so I don't get so confused! lol  And yes, this will be my first stop when any action happens!  Temp and humidity holding up fine without the heat lamp too.  Fingers crossed it hold for just a few more days.

Sounds perfect!  (I also feel like a kid at Christmas!)
You guys are giving me the itch again. Moving my polish outside today, so the brooders are empty

Two weeks until my next hatch. What was I thinking? I can't go that long without seeing something hatch!

I think I am going to continue to set turkey eggs while they last.

I moved my eggs-in-progress to the Leahy for the day. I am going to partially disassemble my cabinet and make some changes. One thing I will do is reverse the air flow, and another is to move the water pan up top. I'll then have to move the humidistat sensors, and add a water filling door in the top, and add top rear ventilation. These changes may give me the results I want for hatching.

lol it easy to get the hatching itch. It's such an addiction really. Did another candling today, out of the 8 duck eggs 7 for sure are still moving well. One has really developed alot over the last two days but the air cell is still very small and the top still has a lot of empty. I did see slight movement though so is alive. I wouldn't be surprised if I get some early hatching as huge as the oldest is in that egg. lol

@MunsterChicks How many more do you have out now? lol

I promised you some lavender orpington pics, so I'm finally getting around to them. 7 weeks old now...

This is my friendliest little rooster

And this little girl is sweet too

Little treats!

Hello! lol

And the black one is really getting pretty. I need a name for her. Suggestions?

And just because I thought it was a nice shot.... my Gemma and Tara lounging:

You guys are giving me the itch again. Moving my polish outside today, so the brooders are empty

What the heck! Go for it. You know how to process them now
gig.gif

@MunsterChicks How many more do you have out now? lol

I promised you some lavender orpington pics, so I'm finally getting around to them. 7 weeks old now...

This is my friendliest little rooster

And this little girl is sweet too

Little treats!

Hello! lol

And the black one is really getting pretty. I need a name for her. Suggestions?

And just because I thought it was a nice shot.... my Gemma and Tara lounging:
Great looking bunch! :)

Two weeks until my next hatch. What was I thinking? I can't go that long without seeing something hatch!

I think I am going to continue to set turkey eggs while they last.

I moved my eggs-in-progress to the Leahy for the day. I am going to partially disassemble my cabinet and make some changes. One thing I will do is reverse the air flow, and another is to move the water pan up top. I'll then have to move the humidistat sensors, and add a water filling door in the top, and add top rear ventilation. These changes may give me the results I want for hatching.

That's the worst part about turkeys... 28 days to wait!

Good luck with the changes. I'd love to see some pics if you have time to take a few while you modify!

Congrats!! I am so jealous!

Thanks! Hoping the rest go well.

xs 2

Yay!!!!! Congrats!!

Nothing from yours yet??

Welcome to the thread!!  It looks good to me. If you haven't seen it yet this is a great thread for candling comparisons: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation   I still use it as a guide. Not as often as in the beginning, but as a spot check through the incubation.

About 6 hours drive....lol How about you bring them up here and I'll do them...lol

I can have 30 hatchers and two that didn't and I still eggtopsy. I have to know. I have to see. I need to asses. A bit of it is curiosity as well since I mainy hatch mixes as to what they "would have been".  Plus I need to know what I am giving up on is really truely gone.

Thanks! Question for you guys, I see a chick pipped in there, looks below the air cell, unless the air cell is lower, or grew more. The one next to it pipped after him, and is pecking away. I'm thinking it may have drowned, is that possible if it externally pipped? He's not moving anymore, even when I play chicks peeping to him. The other one is going crazy though. I'm afraid to touch it incase he's just resting. But I don't know he pipped pretty far down I think
1f614.png

lol it easy to get the hatching itch. It's such an addiction really. Did another candling today, out of the 8 duck eggs 7 for sure are still moving well. One has really developed alot over the last two days but the air cell is still very small and the top still has a lot of empty. I did see slight movement though so is alive. I wouldn't be surprised if I get some early hatching as huge as the oldest is in that egg. lol

ducks are so much more active in the shell than chickens! fun fun!!

Back
Top Bottom