She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I have the Eco. But no turner. I think the Auto or pro or whatever it's called has a panel on the top which shows temp and humidity and you can set it there. With my Eco I have to unscrew a lid and use a screwdriver to turn heat. They both work with the pump I think. SC can tell you more.
You are right about all of that, except the pump won't work with the Eco. The pump has to be controlled digitally

Did we? I count day 1 as the end of the first 24 hrs. I have been confused on this in the past but my eggs have always hatched during day 20, when I count this way. So this last set, I set Thursday at 10:30pm. So last night at 10:30 would start day 7, right??

Right, last night started day 7 for you, so Thursday night in 2 weeks will start day 21. Your day 21 will be Thursday night until Friday night.
Yes 2 different answers. I did lock down on Tuesday around 8pm. So I only have 2.5 days (24 hour periods) so far. No pips yet that I can see.
Sorry for the confusion. I hope you get some pips today!

Thanks. He looks so much better today and must be feeling a lot better since he's having a fit being locked in the cage. Started crowing at ten minutes to 5 this morning. I wanted to strangle him....lol I'm going to go buy the blue stuff today, my car has been in the mechanic's garage since Wed night, so waiting for them to get that done. Hopefully I can find a home for Gibbs quickly so I can get Elvis back in the coop.

I absolutely love it!! I just want to hug him!!! lol
Blue Kote works really well

What day did you set your eggs? We gave joyryder two different answers. Am I confused? Lol

I can't play today to much to do . it doesn't seem to matter what time you set on day 0. I just use the day of the week method . Joyrider should pip today. maybe hatch late day I have pips on day 20 which is Friday for me. none so far though . Would like to know what lock candle down looked like. I no longer look at eggs thinking will they hatch lock down candle lets me know that . this tells me that I've hatched way to many eggs this year. I'm thinking of looking over hatching sites for pictures of eggs that will not hatch just to see what's out there .last three or four hatches while they looked full I knew they wouldn't hatch. not going to set this weekend as they would hatch Labor day weekend and I'll be out of town. It's my one trip for the year. most of the time it's just an over night.

Did we? I count day 1 as the end of the first 24 hrs. I have been confused on this in the past but my eggs have always hatched during day 20, when I count this way. So this last set, I set Thursday at 10:30pm. So last night at 10:30 would start day 7, right??
Calm down Chrissy 2, we set at the same time. Just follow me :gig

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom