She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

There are other factors pointing towards relocation, as well--this is an absolutely gorgeous area, but we miss 4 seasons (not that Sacramento generally has a real winter, but 3 seasons is more than 2). This is a small town. Mr. P, who is in the ministry, and is director of Reach Out Ministries, once helped another ministry for a few years, and helped them get their non-profit status. He hasn't worked with them for almost 7 years now, which is about twice as long as he worked with them. He still gets asked how things are at that other ministry. True, it's not a major thing, but even I find it irritating. Mr. P's parents live here. They stop by all. The. Time. And they expect us to drop whatever we are doing when they do. And they inspect things. And must know everything we are doing. Sometimes it feels like we are their teenage children, too inexperienced to know anything. I'm 41, Mr P will be 38 in less than a week and a half. Our 18th anniversary was last July. My parents are dead, so Mr. P has no inlaw issues
wink.png
Sometimes Mr. P has travel opportunities with the ministry--Sacramento is a lot easier to get to and from (especially from). If we move, when we can get our own place again (or if we manage to find a house to rent that the landlord would allow chickens), a lot of the folks on the Northern California thread have breeds I want (quite a few of them I learned about on that thread
gig.gif
) and are reasonable distances from Sacto, as opposed to everyone being 4+ hours away, one way.

Now, I wonder how many people posted since I started this, since the dinner timer went off halfway through the above?
gig.gif
Of all the reasons for moving, getting more chickens is the most important one.....
woot.gif

Chick update: I do so far have two survivors. One was the one that looked the worst out of the three alive ones. It was stone cold, not moving (I only knew it was alive because I happened to see it twitch just barely) and its bowels had released all over it - something that happens when animals die. For the first hour it just laid under the heat lamp, barely moving. When it did get up, it kept falling over backwards. When it got a little better, it would try to stand, and then start turning circles instead until it fell over. I really thought it was going to die, but it has pulled through and is now eating and drinking. I have become pretty attached to the little thing, although I keep referring to it to myself as the poopy chick, which I need to stop before it sticks and becomes its name. The poor thing had a rough enough start to life, it doesn't also need to be named that!

The other was well enough to peep at the post office, but not still not in good shape. When the PO lady called she said the box was peeping so that got my hopes up but it was just the one, which I could hear when I got there. That one was much easier to get back in better shape.

Everyone keep your fingers crossed for them.

Poor little babies. I've lost whole shipments in USPS where the few that were still kicking did not pull through. That's one reason I've gotten into hatching my own mutt chickens and my own turkeys and ordering hatching eggs. Losing the potential of an egg is less than losing a live chick or poult. However that also limits what breeds and varieties I can find.

Quote:
wink.png

And the PO can't scramble Arkansas Blue eggs if they go by Papermobile!

Actually, one of the anti-arguments involves chickens--the likelihood that we'd be able to keep our current birds is somewhere between slim and none... But then again, my lone BCM might end up being a boy anyway--I think it may just be a little early to tell!

It takes me a while to start letting people get to know me (more so in real life than online--you guys'll still be here wherever I live, real life folks not so much...) and I'm just starting to get to know some of the ladies at our church, and we've been going there almost a year now
hmm.png
My younger daughter has lived in this town her whole life, and my older since she was 3 (born at Kaiser South Sac, though).

Last edited:
Correct me If I'm wrong but wasn't she spider man's girl friend too . had a different name then . something fishie about her .
lau.gif
Mary Jane and Gwen were spiderman's girlfriends...lol I've got the Marvel comics down-just don't ask me about DC comics cause we aren't as into those-yet....lol

@AmyLynn2374 I think it's because of the winter, not as many hatches going on now. At least that's what I hope.
wink.png
OMG. I was searching youtube for new "chicks cheeping" vids because the user that had the awesome one that I always used decided to remove it. (Jerk), and of course I run across hatching chicks and it gave me withdrawl. Then I looked at the one that is brooding in the house, (thankful it's just one), and think about a bunch of needy noisy fluff butts in here all winter and instead of having hatching withdrawl I got winter depression and just want spring to hurry up....lol

Hey y'all, I have a ?, when I went to feed up this morning, all of my Welsummers but 1 chick was gone. There were feathers everywhere, no remains and whatever it was had dug in under the fence and apparently drug the chickens out of the run through the tunnel it had dug. My question is what would have taken 5 full grown Welsummers and a 2 month old cockrel? It's either a small coyote, dog or fox, it left 1 small paw print behind. And either before or after it got them, it tried to get 2 of my Silkies but couldn't get in. My dogs, my husband and I never heard or saw anything and our bedroom window was partially opened. We have a surveillance camera trained on the run but it has no sound and it doesn't record.

Last edited:
Hey y'all, I have a ?, when I went to feed up this morning and all my Welsummers but 1 chick was gone. There were feathers everywhere, no remains and whatever it was had dug in under the fence and apparently drug the chickens out of the run through the tunnel it had dug. My question is what would have taken 5 full grown Welsummers and a 2 month old cockrel? It's either a small coyote, dog or fox, it left 1 small paw print behind. And either before or after it got them, it tried to get 2 of my Silkies but couldn't get in. My dogs, my husband and I never heard or saw anything and our bedroom window was partially opened. We have a surveillance camera trained on the run but it has no sound and it doesn't record.

did you take a picture of the print .or if you know what it looks like . google animal prints quick digger sounds like a fox. cat prints are round dog prints are long coon looks like a small hand . rodent tracks look similar to a rabbit track . I'm sorry you lost your chickens

Last edited:
Would a weasel carry off all the birds and leave nothing behind? I've looked online and nothing I've read is like what happened here. There's no carcasses, no remains at all, just 6 mossing birds and scatteted feathers and 1 terrified little pullet.

Back
Top Bottom