• Meat

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • Wool

Votes: 33 37.1%
  • Dairy

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
Pics
ladyrsanti - Not bad at all. No one is bleeding profusely and they still have both ears and a tail, so I would call it a successful first shearing.
thumbsup.gif

Those little Jacobs of yours sure have grown too.

Just thought I would bump the thread in case other sheep people are poking around the Other Pets & Livestock section.

In other news, we bought a set of woolies and are no longer just a hair sheep outfit.
wee.gif
They came off the truck this afternoon and I thought I would give them some time to settle in before I go creeping around the pasture with a camera.

My Shetland Ewe lambed this afternoon with twins!

The ewe lamb didn't get cleaned quickly and got chilled, so I stuck her under the brooder light for a bit to warm up. The ram lamb is much bigger than her and has a tiny white spot on his forehead :) Both parents are moorit, and so are the babies.

I only have 2 sheep. I got the first one in January of 2012, he was about 4 hours old and his mother couldn't feed him. He was placed in my arms and I was told "If someone doesn't take him, he will die." I learned to bottle feed him. His name is Ben.'

About a week later I was told by the same person that I could have another lamb to keep him company. He was having problems with coyotes and was afraid the lambs would be eaten. I had to go out to the pasture and catch one. I was finally able to get one. He was about 4 days old. His name is Chase.

Ben and Chase made great pals and explored life together.

Unfortunately they became to large to keep pampers on them and had to move outside. Today they are still great pals and brothers (they came from different mothers, but had the same ram as father). They are spoiled and can be brats from time to time, but are still my babies.

I am so loving all the sheep pics!!
tongue.png

So many wonderful breeds y'all have to share.
Some of my ewes are lambing now, so I will see if I can get some pics also.

Back
Top Bottom