Shipping of parrots?

tacothechicken

Crowing
9 Years
Apr 2, 2015
Katy TX
Hi guys! I was just curious because our family is thinking of getting another parrot since our last 2 keets passed away of old age a few years back and we're thinking of getting a parrotlet. But due to our location there are literally ZERO parrot breeders :'c and looking online I noticed those that will ship cost just under 200 on shipping alone. Which makes me curious as when I've received my pigeons, and reptiles through overnight air I've never paid over 80 on shipping? So I was just curious on what these large shipping costs go towards?

They aren't going through the mail; they're not an approved animal to ship that way and it's illegal. What the breeder is going to do is put the bird on a plane and then you're going to go to the closest airport and pick it up. I had my quaker shipped to me this way :)

@Pyxis OHHHH got it! Ahahahha ok I was just so confused by why it was so much more! But I get it! it is all making sense now lol. They require legitimate air travel alright! Thank you for this quick and easy answer :D now I know!

@mbrobbins in Anacortes WA :) shockingly we actually found a lady 40 min away from home rehoming a 5 year old boy who has horrible feather plucking tendencies :( hopefully we can break the habit! I bet baby parrotlets are adorable!

Back
Top Bottom