Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy stripes

I have a German Shepard male and a Czech Republic Shepard female, anything that moves or squeaks the female alerts on it. I went outside tonight and shined a light in my backyard and there was a solid black boar just past the fence running around like he was teasing my dogs. The boar didn't stick around long enough for me to get a weapon but two other hogs were crossing the back of my place, one them is now doa. This was the second time the boar has done this to my dogs, I'll be ready for him tomorrow.

From black to white and all between. Y'all ever run dogs? I know a guy that bays them then flushes them with corn for a mo before slaughter. I went a couple times talk about an adrenaline rush! Nothin like a pack of dogs on a boar but that's been 20yrs ago

I have a German Shepard male and a Czech Republic Shepard female, anything that moves or squeaks the female alerts on it. I went outside tonight and shined a light in my backyard and there was a solid black boar just past the fence running around like he was teasing my dogs. The boar didn't stick around long enough for me to get a weapon but two other hogs were crossing the back of my place, one them is now doa. This was the second time the boar has done this to my dogs, I'll be ready for him tomorrow.
you can buy hog snares. Same thing most use for fox just a lot thicker aircraft cable. That way when you come out with the gun they ain't running.

What's your pea to straight ratio on the miner fly pen?

I took them to my brothers to let them free range within a few days 7 of them got picked off by a owl so I grabbed the remanding 10 and penned them up, out of the 10 I have 1 st8 comb stag and 9 pea comb

Last edited:
From black to white and all between. Y'all ever run dogs? I know a guy that bays them then flushes them with corn for a mo before slaughter. I went a couple times talk about an adrenaline rush! Nothin like a pack of dogs on a boar but that's been 20yrs ago

Hog dogs are the reason I can not free range at my house, my neighbor has 3 that dig or climb out of their pens so much that he don't even try to pen them anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom