Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She prolapsed egg out again. I wet it and manipulated the egg out. Seems ok is eating and drinking.
Had a hatch attack my leg to day when I was getting eggs.
did everything stay back in? I would do all you can to prevent her fgrom laying. What kind of hatch?

Last edited:

Any of you guys got woodcock dancing around your pens? I am having all kinds of fun with them. It is nothing to see four flying at a time.
saw them just about every evening throughout the whole winter. Usually at the edge of the woods probing the ground. Haven't seen them lately though.

Any of you guys got woodcock dancing around your pens? I am having all kinds of fun with them. It is nothing to see four flying at a time.
That's amazing , i've never seen that and we live in a wooded branch bottom (south Alabama) out in the country . I have seen woodcocks in the woods before around this area but not out in the open or near chicken pens ......... would love to see pics of them .

Thanks

At least four males are flying up where I can actually see them do their displays from the driveway. They come back down to do their "hiccup - bzzzzz" sounds on the tightly mowed perimeter of my yards. You can even hear what I think is the hens calling. One does his display on ground the pens covered late last fall. They were also going up as of 0330 in a light rain.

A raccoon even came into our core around house just minutes ago where dogs almost tore up the world trying to get at it. Dogs where so riled up they ran out to pens when raccoon was actually near house in a tree they chased it up into. For some reason dogs would not stay on tree when I fetched rifle and raccoon bailed to escape. Dogs did chew its tail running through brambles down to woods but it got into a darn buried brush pile. When dogs come back they will be covered in mud from trying to dig it out. That raccoon still will be one I can trust as it will not come back in close for a good while.. Dogs did good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom