Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They ain't showing signs of quitting either.
View attachment 1090941
Don't you dare question my sister wives.

I'd let them try... I have found that most times if it's 2 dominant hens and they work things out while still on eggs, they tend to be ok together with the chicks... if they're still squabbling at hatch time, then those are the ones that don't work out...

Not always, but usually...

I'd let them try... I have found that most times if it's 2 dominant hens and they work things out while still on eggs, they tend to be ok together with the chicks... if they're still squabbling at hatch time, then those are the ones that don't work out...

Not always, but usually...
Game hens are much different. Believe me I'm not stupid. They're plenty game that wasn't a collaboration it was a stale mate. I won.

O.K. can I ask a question. This is about game hens.
Normally you need to house them separately, because they don't necessarily get along(?) but if you do have a few housed together, do they have an established pecking order like you see with layers or is it more like each one is "equal"?

Mine establish just like any other chicken ive had the game hen that came with my spangled is young (wont lay till next spring) and they all tried to get her at first, but shes quick and is good on her feet as far as dodging attacks even the occasional one from behind so ima keep her for now.

Atleast thats what i see from the 3 game hens ive got. They all will buck up here and there but yet to change anything in the order.

O.K. can I ask a question. This is about game hens.
Normally you need to house them separately, because they don't necessarily get along(?) but if you do have a few housed together, do they have an established pecking order like you see with layers or is it more like each one is "equal"?
Usually the only thing keeping two game hens from fighting is a rooster. You may be able to keep a few together if they were raised together but eventually they will wanna set and then there will be a war.

The hens that I have penned will fight just like a rooster if I just added another hen to her pen.
There are game chickens and then there is the rest that look the part but that's about it.
All hell broke loose with two hens. They are not layers.

If you were to add a game hen to an existing flock of laying hens she would instantly become top dog. If the red didn't back down they would get beat. I've done it and she ran the others right out of the coop for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom