Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well the story goes like this back 60 years ago a man named bill Robertson I think his name was he was out off n.c.. he was breeding this line of American game fowl for the cock fight pits back wen it was legal. they were leipers and some good ones at that. well fast forward to the 1970's my old friend by the name of rex sanders acquired a few of these leipers for the pits he breed some straight and crossed a few.and then I come along in the 1990's and be came good friends with rex by this time it was only legal in v.a. and a few states in the south. well one thing lead to a nother and rex gave me some of he's Robertson leiper's by thgis time there blood was stating to get week over the years so I hatched hehe hatched the plan get it to find some good leiper blood from a few game breeders from across the u.s. like rat graves,coal miner mugs and pinion hatch game farms there are some other blood that goes in my birds but that's my secret . the other half of my story is that I live in Boonsboro Maryland right by the Antietam battle field and the Antietam creek runs by my farm so hence the name Antietam leiper's was formed. my fowl DO NOT GO TO THE PIT'S NO MORE but they do still breed true and are as game as game can get and now that I have 2 kids I am tring to get them in to the game fowl so my leiper blood will go on for years to come that pretty much sums it up if that helps you

You have some nice birds .... what is 'Antietam' leipers ? Thanks
if you look at the base of that tail on a leiper there will be a big ol bright white puff ball and no white in the tail itself. bright red face and high check boons almost looks like ther smiling at you my line come 90% straight comb and green to blue legs that's the sign of pure leiper besides the straight comb thing that's my twist trying to get 100% but it wont be I my life time. these pics were done in the rain or the puff balls wood be a lot bigger and birds wood look better I will get better pics wen weather is better.

first hen is a Redmond that is sister to the cock and dark hen is mother to the stag the older looking cock is the father to the stag he will be 9 years this um I need to see my records but I think this may or June

well the story goes like this back 60 years ago a man named bill Robertson I think his name was he was out off n.c.. he was breeding this line of American game fowl for the cock fight pits back wen it was legal. they were leipers and some good ones at that. well fast forward to the 1970's my old friend by the name of rex sanders acquired a few of these leipers for the pits he breed some straight and crossed a few.and then I come along in the 1990's and be came good friends with rex by this time it was only legal in v.a. and a few states in the south. well one thing lead to a nother and rex gave me some of he's Robertson leiper's by thgis time there blood was stating to get week over the years so I hatched hehe hatched the plan get it to find some good leiper blood from a few game breeders from across the u.s. like rat graves,coal miner mugs and pinion hatch game farms there are some other blood that goes in my birds but that's my secret . the other half of my story is that I live in Boonsboro Maryland right by the Antietam battle field and the Antietam creek runs by my farm so hence the name Antietam leiper's was formed. my fowl DO NOT GO TO THE PIT'S NO MORE but they do still breed true and are as game as game can get and now that I have 2 kids I am tring to get them in to the game fowl so my leiper blood will go on for years to come that pretty much sums it up if that helps you
oh ok very good story .... i enjoy listening to stories about game fowl .
I hope your birds are continued on .
Thanks for sharing

Thanks very much .... they are very nice birds .... i need a few in one of my brood pens (lol) .
Do you have Mugs ?

Thanks very much .... they are very nice birds .... i need a few in one of my brood pens (lol) .
Do you have Mugs ?
thank you I enjoy talking about my birds and my and there history do you live on the east coast. and no don't have mugs I had a pair of mugs about 2 years ago they were cool the hen was black and the cock was a brown red blue chest cool birds smart,some game NOT DEEP GAME cut good handle good but the hen she was shy and I was not able to get her to set on her eggs for the life of me .my birds set and hatch there own eggs so I got read of them to focus on my leiper's, grey's and new this year sweater's just did not like the mugs thought about crossing a leiper with mug but did not get around to it and im not a big just cross fan maybe blend a little then cull hard. breed true,and make to your own taste. that's what rex used to tell me. that my friend is the difference between crossing and making you own line. I ask how do you think I got my leiper's to a 90%straght comb also good leipers come with blue legs and coal black tails.i still get some with that darn green leg not many but some . that's one thing I don't like about my redmonds that darn green leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom