Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea
Don't know I'd be more concerned about how mine and havocs sims nic'd both good quality birds but doesn't mean the cross would work out. Havoc knows I like his blacks a ton I'm sure you do too I'm just waiting to make a decision on things as I don't want to overwhelm myself and ruin what I have due to time and life as they all need deserved attention.
Yeah man your Kelsos look real good too.

She'll eat bread or fruits and stuff but will pick through pellets looking for corn bits but will not eat a pellet lol

Hunger is # 1 training agent for all animals and people, put her in pen by herself, give her few pellets, if not eaten next day skip feeding, same next day, when she does eat pellets, cleans cup, only give her small amount each day until she is happy to see pellets.
You may not have time or space for this

So far I haven't had any problems with it, I have noticed that some of the Milo is left on the ground where I feed the free range birds but the next morning they come back through and clean it up. I've been very happy with Big V Feeds, maintenance, starter, scratch, and lay pellets, very little dust in anything I buy from them. That means a lot to me.

That's hard to find in my area, although it's getting better. I had heard of Big V feeds before(being a great feed) but not in my area (I live in a no-where zone//over an hour from any interstate or big town).

The approach I am shifting to is intended to help manage vegetation so it is tougher with distinct patches of cover and sound locations to place pens regardless of season. The appears to be a few seeps coming up right in the middle of where pens have been kept since about 2014 which makes for extreme wet even on a 7% grade. I am going to get some sheep that will be rotated on and off poultry area to replace much of mowing currently done. Several areas within poultry area will be managed for brambles and will need to be protected from sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom