Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I asked my husband to get me some hens so we could have fresh eggs. He came back with 3 game hens and a big beautiful game rooster. His friend gave them to us for free, he just asked that we give him a chick from the off spring. Well, now we love them and just want them to hatch the eggs. Now I still and egg laying hens, and my entire family is now obsessed with learning as much as we can about American Game Fowl. I would like my kids to show them when they are of age. Well, atleast I hope thats what we have now. I need to take better pictures, but below is my Rooster.

Hope someone see's this I need help figuring out what this chicken is. It was give to me as a breeding pair but they " forgot " what his breed was.... And he is mean so I am trying to find him a home, but every asking what breed is he? well I don't know, an then they don't want him. So What Breed Is He???

Most likely a Game mix definitely not pure.

So, I asked my husband to get me some hens so we could have fresh eggs. He came back with 3 game hens and a big beautiful game rooster. His friend gave them to us for free, he just asked that we give him a chick from the off spring. Well, now we love them and just want them to hatch the eggs. Now I still and egg laying hens, and my entire family is now obsessed with learning as much as we can about American Game Fowl. I would like my kids to show them when they are of age. Well, atleast I hope thats what we have now. I need to take better pictures, but below is my Rooster.

That is a hard rooster to identify, especially with one picture....

Usually dark legs strains dont have much white in the tail, unless is a splash or blue. So my guess he is a mix between a hatch and miner blue. I have never crossed these two so I couldnt say for certain. What I can say is, he is a good looking rooster regarless of breed/strain.

More pictures.. if the hens are related to him it would be nice to see a picture of them as well..

I can't estimate size from images provided. Body shape as a function type / station varies enough in games making it difficult for to exclude them from image. Saddle feathers if long would be indicative an ornamental Japanese breed suggested in another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom