Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like pine shavings to me.. ive used pine shavings for years.. completely fine. . No problems here
If you raise a whole bunch of chicks every year and they're in your house you would think differently. They are fine for s few days but once they get moving and scratching then straw

Last edited:
I place straw on the floor to work their legs and have them scratching, and shavings in the coop.. guess it really depends on how often you clean out. I like cleaning every morning when I set out feed and place meal worms once a week so they'll go crazy looking through the straw.. to each their own though

I place straw on the floor to work their legs and have them scratching, and shavings in the coop.. guess it really depends on how often you clean out. I like cleaning every morning when I set out feed and place meal worms once a week so they'll go crazy looking through the straw.. to each their own though
awesome.. The straw really gets them scratching, especially if its not normally in there.

If I cleaned out pens everyday I would have to quit my job. haha I clean out about every 2 weeks - month...

I breed and raise meal worms.. do you raise them as well?

I have 3 coops with shavings inside but I don't live there. Then straw or nothing in the other 51 pens. Depends totally on how many birds you have what is practical to do

Lol.. I hear ya.. it is time consuming.. im just up super early.. love the morning time before anyone is up. (Kids and wife) I get up at 3:45 and im out there normally from 4-6am with all the roosters crowing.. headlamp on ready to go.. closest thing to me time that I get..lol.. and we keep our meal worms in 20 gallon tank.. kids love seein em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom