Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the kinda flies you don't wanna be casting in the wind.

This hen looks very much like my first pullet given to me by my grandpa back in 1976. Biggest differences I can see is mine was a just a little darker and was half toppy. Mine was also het for peacomb and only bird I kept with such. When she was bred to anything red then pullets came out either red quill or wheaton. When bred to greys then she threw pullets like herself or a grey version of wheaton. Stags where either duckwing or redquill / silverquill. She would also fly a good hundred feet to launch her self at a cat or dog. She is also the only chicken I have ever had that actually killed a hawk (American Kestrel so stretching it a bit).

Do you have males of the same? What did she look like as a chick?

Males are your typical silver duckwing color.
Some come speckled chested....I did get a few that where more "white". These are all 100% green legged and straight headed. That hen was a solid yellow chick.
Here is a pic of a "whiter" grey....they are very rare. He's molting and looks rough...but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Males are your typical silver duckwing color.
Some come speckled chested....I did get a few that where more "white". These are all 100% green legged and straight headed. That hen was a solid yellow chick.
Here is a pic of a "whiter" grey....they are very rare. He's molting and looks rough...but you get the idea.

That male is on the darker side of what I call silverquill. Most of mine had little or no brown bleeding through on wings. My hen and her daughters like her could through a high percentage like that. Mine also all green / willow legged. That holds even now with birds of same stock. Peacomb was only in part of line I played with out of a battlecross cock that brought in the grey, toppy and wheaton all at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom