Show Off Your American Gamefowl and Chat Thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just under 5 weeks this will be a crele game.

20180305_174050[1].jpg

In this case it is simply a cross between a barred and a non-barred game that ideally is ideally over a wildtype color pattern. Neither mine nor the Dom (barred bird) are wildtype so I could be off on what result truly is.

dominecker all’s I know or heard anyway. Which was used in the olden days to describe a barred chicken. And yes that’s spelled correctly

Last edited:
The term "dom" may be associated with Dominican Republic which was core to trade routes as a lot of the bankovid (Old English) type games were still dominating and being brought into the US. I am from a backwards area, but term "dominiker" was used for what is now called American Dominique or dunghill chickens while "dom" as in the game fowl world meant nothing beyond barred. The barred can come on top of any base color pattern, but you can barely make it out on white.

Last edited:
dominecker all’s I know or heard anyway. Which was used in the olden days to describe a barred chicken. And yes that’s spelled correctly
Me too. I still hear people call any barred chicken a dominecker, but not very often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom