Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
red sex link, red stars, and red crossed basically the same either a rir rooster over a white rock or rir over a rhode island white or a rir rooster over a silver laced wyandotte.. .....they are the best of each stock from hatcheries cross bred im sure their "recipe" includes some type of breeding back crossing the generations....I hope this helps

Aldo
D.gif
big_smile.png

red sex link, red stars, and red crossed basically the same either a rir rooster over a white rock or rir over a rhode island white or a rir rooster over a silver laced wyandotte.. .....they are the best of each stock from hatcheries cross bred im sure their "recipe" includes some type of breeding back crossing the generations....I hope this helps

Aldo
D.gif
big_smile.png

yep...what redstr29 said.
big_smile.png

beautiful!!! when do yours usually start laying, i have a few start at 19 weeks and the rest around 22 weeks old

I pretty much always see the first eggs at eighteen weeks. Once had them start at sixteen, but I prefer for that not to happen. I feed a 21% starter not a lower protein starter/grower so with these ISA girls they come in like clockwork.

I pretty much always see the first eggs at eighteen weeks. Once had them start at sixteen, but I prefer for that not to happen. I feed a 21% starter not a lower protein starter/grower so with these ISA girls they come in like clockwork.

Nice! I really am wanting to get more. I need to find a couple this week. Don't have room for 12 though, I wish! They really do start laying spot on around 18 to 20 weeks don't they? They are great, and the eggs are a very nice size to boot!

My Red Sex Links started to lay around 18 week. I have had them start as early as 16 weeks.

These are my Heritage Rhode Island Reds and Red Sex Links.

very nice, all mine are now squatting 4 are laying but all squatting, like every year im sure ill walk out one day and find that they all laid...lol.... A couple years in a row i had all my pullets start the same day....kind of wierd... i usually have 12 and its funny 2 years in a row they all laid their first egg on the same day lol......but that only happens when i buy em as day olds...this year i bout all pol pullets 9.99 each, which i thought was a good price and they're all beautiful .....really saved me on all that rearing stuff.... i didnt have the patience this year lol

Back
Top Bottom