Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

you are correct. But the hatcheries use a RIR x RIW cross. Here are some that I did a few years ago. I kept a couple of the males for my 2nd generation experiment I was doing.

oh ya, i've seen that pict on last post you wrote about your "experience", and about the 2nd Gen too. and the result was that 2nd doesn't look like 1st gen. how about your 2nd now like that, i'm curious. is still good egg production..?

Marco Pollo & Edith — Sex Links, 13 weeks old
Lucy — Sex Link, 13 weeks old
Marco as a chick - in a bin of "pullets" at Tractor Supply :) I thought stripes meant girls ...

Edith as a chick ... if anything I thought she might be a roo due to no significant stripes

Lucy as a chick ... cutest striping ever :)

Last edited:
I just had my red sex link, Snickers go broody. She isn't a typical broody as in she won't peck me or ruffle her feathers, but she's been on the nest
for six days straight. Are red sex links good mothers? I have heard of red sex links going broody but I haven't heard about their motherhood skills.

It's pretty rare they go broody. No idea on the mom card! Here's our new babies!

We have 4 RSL females and a male in there. The rest are 1 Delaware, 1 EE, a few leghorns(my parents), and 3 BR.

Back
Top Bottom