Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
Mine is still young so her feathers are not so pretty but she has the best personality ... she loves my kids ...just so friendly

Mine is still young so her feathers are not so pretty but she has the best personality ... she loves my kids ...just so friendly
Friendliness seems to be a really common trait with the RSLs. All of mine but one are very calm when being held. That one hen just starts struggling like crazy if I hold her.

Why would someone debeaked a chicken? Does it grow back?
Chickens in Battery cages are deeaked so that they can not harm each other when crammed in a tight space. Same goes for most chickens in the egg/meat industry.

Chickens in Battery cages are deeaked so that they can not harm each other when crammed in a tight space. Same goes for most chickens in the egg/meat industry.
Also, If you buy pullets as 20 week olds, they are often debeaked. Sadly, that is what happened to me. Last winter I had a pecking/feather pulling issue, and the the fact that the hens were debeaked didn't seem to help at all.

Love this thread! I think they are so so pretty! Those feathers come out in gorgeous patterns. Here's few of mine. They're approx 10 weeks. Barred rocks are a few weeks older.

Ginger and Shay. Sunny in the background.

This is my Honey. Because she's so sweet.

A great shot of Sunny's back. Hence the name Sunny. :)

Last edited:
Love this thread! I think they are so so pretty! Those feathers come out in gorgeous patterns. Here's few of mine. They're approx 10 weeks. Barred rocks are a few weeks older.

Ginger and Shay. Sunny in the background.

This is my Honey. Because she's so sweet.

A great shot of Sunny's back. Hence the name Sunny.
smile.png

their gorgeous!!!! watch out though roosters love red stars a little to much

its not a clear photo but note the 2 white spots on the wings

Back
Top Bottom