Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
New to the thread, just wondering how your RSL and BR's get along. I have 6, 6 week old BR's and will be getting 2 RLS's in 2 weeks that are ready to lay. I know with the age difference there will be squables after the initial "quarantine" period is up and I can start to introduce them but just wanted to ask someone that has the same chickens I will have lol

Yes there will be squabbles. I found the best way is to let them free range together to let them get used to each other then the youngsters have room to get away from the older birds. There is quite an age difference. If you put them together, just watch them carefully.

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me I appreciate it!! We have a connectable wire kind of playpen we used to use outside for our ferret (can't do that anymore, too many birds flying around), so I was planning on putting that in run area after quarantine is up & putting the bigger new girls in it, so they can get used to seeing each other but not be able to get to each other just yet.

My girls are about 17/18 wks now and I finally have one squatting for me. She is the only one who look ready to lay. The other 2 girls still have some work to do on their comb and waddle. It shouldn't be to long. Does anyone else have their RSL mixed with other birds and if so do you find them to be bullies? I also have 6 EE with these girls, about 13 wks and they do not like them around. They will chase them out of the run and don't even think about getting near the food or water if they are around. I have to have 2 separate feeders and waters for them. They are fine with my RIW, since that group was raised together, but the EE's they don't like and they have been together now for about 6 wks. I have a group of 5 RIR and 3 BR 5wks that will be joining all the girls and I am worried about how they will be treated once they join to group. Any advice greatly appreciated.

My girls are about 17/18 wks now and I finally have one squatting for me. She is the only one who look ready to lay. The other 2 girls still have some work to do on their comb and waddle. It shouldn't be to long. Does anyone else have their RSL mixed with other birds and if so do you find them to be bullies? I also have 6 EE with these girls, about 13 wks and they do not like them around. They will chase them out of the run and don't even think about getting near the food or water if they are around. I have to have 2 separate feeders and waters for them. They are fine with my RIW, since that group was raised together, but the EE's they don't like and they have been together now for about 6 wks. I have a group of 5 RIR and 3 BR 5wks that will be joining all the girls and I am worried about how they will be treated once they join to group. Any advice greatly appreciated.

I got 5 RSL and 3 RSL crosses they seem to bully but that could be because Herbert doesn't stop them

part of our flock

Nugget being a brat and laying her egg in the huge rabbit hutch. This hutch I can't reach where she lays. I either have to climb inside the hutch or use a shovel. Used shovel Tuesday no problem. Today? cracked her egg! Why can't she just lay in the nesting box like she did yesterday!

Do you mind if I join the thread? I could talk about RSLs all day!
OM Goodness!!!!!! yes, these are all open threads. you talk away, we are all just nuts over our RSL's. photos too please!!!!!
pop.gif

Nugget being a brat and laying her egg in the huge rabbit hutch. This hutch I can't reach where she lays. I either have to climb inside the hutch or use a shovel. Used shovel Tuesday no problem. Today? cracked her egg! Why can't she just lay in the nesting box like she did yesterday!
because she can. You know she is laughing at you everytime you try to get to her egg dont you?

Back
Top Bottom