Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

I had one of my girls hatch 3 out Thanksgiving Day and she remained on the nest - then hatched 3 more on December 2nd. I have two more broodies to go.

Sorry to hear this. :-(
Judith (Peepblessed) recently had some hatching eggs for sale and her stock is really beautiful, maybe you can see if she still has any eggs available?
We have been waiting since March for our Porcelain cockerel to start breeding with our two hens. They pick on him a bit, so he may ave to mature a bit more before we see any fertile eggs.

I have 3 to lock down in 2 days :) and three to lock down three days after that. Then My Christmas chicks... A few werent developing and a couple were very thin shelled and had tiny little cracks in them, I think they were from my Black girl that just finished being broody and is in a big molt.maybe there are 5 good eggs left. I am collecting eggs for a another small New Years Day hatch...

@littlecritters
We've been hatching some in a brinsea 20 Eco. We bought the sportsman at the show. Thank you for the congrats for Braxton. He had a ball and keeps asking when the next one is!

So here I am a seasoned hatcher and I got my days mixed up. Thinking today was lockdown, I filled up all my water and watched humidity jump to 60%, so I picked up the first egg to make my final candle and mark aircell, and it peeped! And there was a pip hole! I quickly put it in the hatching drawer, picked up the 2nd.....same thing, another PIP, 3rd egg has no external pip, but I candled and it has pipped into the aircell! So this is day 19 not 18.....someone kick me.......LOL AND I have babies hatching!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom