Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

My Christmas eve hatch is hatching!
yesss.gif

HI,
Well, the eggs I had hoped to set last week are going in today.......
First made an error on spelling on pay pal.
Then the Christmas rush caused eggs to get here Monday....not Saturday.
15 going in, not expecting a great hatch but just wanted a few for my own enjoyment..

Good luck with hatching....
And Happy holidays all........................
big_smile.png

I put about 60 more silkie eggs in the incubator that we collected over the last 3 weeks. Only 4 are from my white pen and all others from the blue/black/splash pens-Those girls are popping them out almost daily! I just started adding Calf Manna supplement to their feed so hoping it helps develop strong chicks.
I was SO frustrated with my Shih-tzu the otherday. I had just collected an egg from the white pen and set it inside the house in a basket. Then I went outside ti finish chores. When I came back inside, the dog had carried the egg to her bed and had broken a hole to eat the egg. I was especially upset because when I cracked it all the way open to look at the yolk...it had a perfect target showing fertility! I can't seem to build my white silkie pen.

3 out so far, a bunch more pipped and zipping
celebrate.gif
So far 1 white naked neck sizzle/silkie (pink skinned though) and one gorgeous little sizzle/silkie. Also one oddball LOL came from my paint sizzle hen, but I think she got jumped by my Spangled Russian Orloff, the baby is a BEAST, partridge colored, vaulted skull, no leg feathering, but 5 toes. I can't believe he was smooshed in that little egg!

Back
Top Bottom