Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

hi, well onto round two of "silkie holiday hatch-a-long"
love.gif
all eggs arrived ok, I have them in incubator, will be about 36 hours tonight so i'll start turning, on to the fun! I do my 5 day candle on monday... will let you guys know what's up. man I'm hoping for a good turn out. I tell ya, second time around is sooo much more togethr than the first. I know what's coming and know what i'm looking for. hope everyone has a great weekend!
yippiechickie.gif

I decided I'm going to buy a Brinsea or something before I hatch again. My home made incubator just isn't doing the trick. I have 15 quail eggs in there right now and it's fluctuating so much I am worried they won't survive.

I decided I'm going to buy a Brinsea or something before I hatch again. My home made incubator just isn't doing the trick. I have 15 quail eggs in there right now and it's fluctuating so much I am worried they won't survive.
I have the brinsea octagon eco 20 and LOVE It. the temp stays solid, humidity is easily controlled. there is actually a thread on this incubator here that I watch too, very informative. If I can get eggs shipped in well I think i'll be doing good. nothing was wrong with my temps and humid though throughout. highly recommend this one. have heard good things about the mini from brinsea also. am thinking I might be asking for that for my bday so I can use it as a hatcher.....
yippiechickie.gif

Is it too late to join this thread? I just found it!
I have a very full incubator - 15 Marans eggs, 6 Polish eggs, and 50 Silkie eggs - 30 from a lady in GA, and the rest from my little flock. So far this year I have had 10 hatch - 3 were hatched with deformed legs and died within a day. But the rest are doing well.

Is it too late to join this thread? I just found it!
I have a very full incubator - 15 Marans eggs, 6 Polish eggs, and 50 Silkie eggs - 30 from a lady in GA, and the rest from my little flock. So far this year I have had 10 hatch - 3 were hatched with deformed legs and died within a day. But the rest are doing well.
I'm still hatching here! :) I have my 19 viable in the incubator now... we are just on day 6 today..... all silkies. my last hatch was one viable out of 20 eggs shipped from Oregon, and it ended up hatching w/ it's intestines outside it's tummy.... very much hoping for a good hatch with this group and glad to have you aboard!!!
highfive.gif

I'm still here too!
I have 12 eggs all embryos are moving
Air sacks look good
Today is day 10
I have 7 sizzle eggs and 5 silkies
I am excited about the colors one of each: red, buff, partridge and lavender
And grey
:)

I'm still here too!
I have 12 eggs all embryos are moving
Air sacks look good
Today is day 10
I have 7 sizzle eggs and 5 silkies
I am excited about the colors one of each: red, buff, partridge and lavender
And grey
:)
lol, I am following you on both hatching posts.
highfive.gif
nice to have someone to hatch with and share with. I sometimes get lost on the bigger pages.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom