Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

Thank you everyone! @KV Silkies @why do birds @jorey
KV right now I have a mix of tibetans, coturnix and Texas A&Ms. I just purchased a little giant egg turner and the incubator warehouse digital thermostat. I'm hoping to adjust my incubator and get it dialed in almost to perfection. Once I do that I am going to take a swing at silkies again!! This time I'll be keeping what I hatch and the nicest ones will be part of the petting zoo! :)
Why do birds I am so excited! Our petting zoo is going to be mobile so we will set up at homes and parks for parties, reunions and carnivals. Things like that. I just had a great idea yesterday! I think instead of buying a two horse trailer I am going to have my husband build me a little red barn on wheels! It's going to be so cute!! I'm so ecstatic! !
Jorey thank you! It totally fits her. She is such a sweetie pie! We are working on walking on a leash right now. I also am getting two pygmy goats in about 6-7 weeks! They were just born last week! This is one I have picked out. They have him named bam bam but we're not sure if we'll change it or not.

They said they get a lot that are colored like this so I am hoping for another boy this color. They are going to disbud and wether them for us.

I'm still here. I have been so busy with the petting zoo plans! I got my business license a couple days ago and added a new member to our family! Everybody meet Matilda!

As for eggs, I have 15 quail ends in the incubator but my incubator is rrunning horrible right now. I am going to buy a new thermostat and I just bought a little giant egg turner. Hopefully I can get it dialed in because I would like to try and hatch silkies again!

Adorable baby
I got my pot belly at a week old and bottle fed
It was exhausting but fun
I even had to take her to work!
She all black
Named PETA

7 day weigh/candle last night, of my 19 viable, still have 19 a go!  woohoo!  will cull the clear ones (and have one blood ring) on day 10, but would be really surprised if something came of them.  my kids are going to freak out when hatching day comes if we get even half to hatch ok!!!  and we are all home that day!  they have a dentist appointment in the morning, then we will be home rest of day, so my oldest won't have school, sooo hoping for some good hatching for them!!!  (and me too!!!) :weee
:jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy

So great
Your kids will love it!!
So fun!!! I hope all hatch!!
My are due to hatch on a Saturday so we will get to watch too
:weee

Thank you everyone! @KV Silkies @why do birds @jorey
KV right now I have a mix of tibetans, coturnix and Texas A&Ms. I just purchased a little giant egg turner and the incubator warehouse digital thermostat. I'm hoping to adjust my incubator and get it dialed in almost to perfection. Once I do that I am going to take a swing at silkies again!! This time I'll be keeping what I hatch and the nicest ones will be part of the petting zoo!
smile.png

Why do birds I am so excited! Our petting zoo is going to be mobile so we will set up at homes and parks for parties, reunions and carnivals. Things like that. I just had a great idea yesterday! I think instead of buying a two horse trailer I am going to have my husband build me a little red barn on wheels! It's going to be so cute!! I'm so ecstatic! !
Jorey thank you! It totally fits her. She is such a sweetie pie! We are working on walking on a leash right now. I also am getting two pygmy goats in about 6-7 weeks! They were just born last week! This is one I have picked out. They have him named bam bam but we're not sure if we'll change it or not.

They said they get a lot that are colored like this so I am hoping for another boy this color. They are going to disbud and wether them for us.
love.gif
he is a gorgeous boy.SOOOO cute.

I love goat kids! My 2 Does aren't kids anymore, they will be 1yr old next month. Soon it will be time to breed them, I cant wait for them to have kids, Im looking forward to that.

@TwinArrowsFarm aaahhhhh! Your kid is so cute. I get in trouble in the spring with all the babies. As in " oh one more animal won't hurt and its just a baby look how cute it is" lol. Luckily my daughter is the sane on in our house and keeps meunder control animal wise. Though the other day she did tell me she would like to get another goat. Wish she had told me 2 days earlier. I had seen a bred lamancha for 75 dollars. Very pretty doe. I haven't gotten anything but chickens in over a year. Looked and drooled but stayed away. Now I have permission. :)

Hey everyone! My silkie eggs are looking good... day 14 and all chicks still moving inside and 11 of them have perfect air cells.
One egg has two air sacs... one on each end!! I am going to try to save it but it doesn't look good!
It is the partridge silkie that I really wanted!!
hit.gif

Hey everyone! My silkie eggs are looking good... day 14 and all chicks still moving inside and 11 of them have perfect air cells.
One egg has two air sacs... one on each end!! I am going to try to save it but it doesn't look good!
It is the partridge silkie that I really wanted!!
hit.gif
good luck! you are almost there!!! I have one partridge that is still viable in my group, otherwise think I have at least 2 of the other colors, buff, blue, splash, white, red, think I have one paint too.... I am excited for anything!!! come on lockdown!!! (next sunday for me)

Back
Top Bottom