Silkie Holiday Hatch-a-long

my first thought was double yolker that only one is developing.... but w/ my crappy candler can't tell for sure.... have heard those don't usually hatch either, and it's a porous egg so was really surprised to see development in it anyhow.

@jorey how many eggs you setting this time? I am on my 3rd hatch and it is sooo fun I tell ya! getting my coop up and running this weekend, altho just thinking a temp type coop now as hubby has decided to build me a nice one, woohoo!!! altho his speed will be hopefully in it by the end of summer.
wee.gif
but i'll take what I can get!

@KV Silkies I lost my entire flock almost 2 wks ago so I have bunches going and getting ready to go. Let's see...the only 3 eggs I got from my own are going. I put in 37+ salmon favorelle. Will have 42 total siljie eggs from other breeders going as of tonight and I have some barred rock coming next week for the easter hatch along. And I have banty cochins that hatched the weekend of the 9 th. Now if I could find some showgirl or. Naked neck eggs my flock would be restarted. Hatching is great very exciting.

@KV Silkies I lost my entire flock almost 2 wks ago so I have bunches going and getting ready to go. Let's see...the only 3 eggs I got from my own are going. I put in 37+ salmon favorelle. Will have 42 total siljie eggs from other breeders going as of tonight and I have some barred rock coming next week for the easter hatch along. And I have banty cochins that hatched the weekend of the 9 th. Now if I could find some showgirl or. Naked neck eggs my flock would be restarted. Hatching is great very exciting.

Not sure I should ask, but how did you lose your entire flock?

@1 Critter Camp you can ask...a racoon pulled a board off my coop and got in it. So please check your coops also. I will be wrapping my coop in wire fencing before anything goes in it. I was all worried about my run wich was fine and not my coop. One loose board. :( but life continues and I just start over. Love baby chicks so this will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom