Silkie mix thread :D

Howdy everyone! I'm new to backyard chickens but have recently become enamored with the Silkie breed:) I have some F2 and F3 birds from my pure Silkie to my Cochin mix hens.

This is an f2 cross cockerel with some buff or gold coming in on his wing bows. So I assume a dominant white bird? His dam is the same except her color came in on her breast and head...

This pics not the best but that's dad, daughter and mom

I also got a silkies cockerel without 5 toes and gold/buff coming in on his neck...it's probably difficult to see, sorry

I originally posted pics of these Silkie/Bantam Wyandotte mixes in post 13 of this thread. Here they are a few months later...

These are the first two chicks in the original post, they are 24 weeks old this week and Basil is definitely a rooster
smile.png

and this is the third chick, she is 23 weeks old this week.

I originally posted pics of these Silkie/Bantam Wyandotte mixes in post 13 of this thread. Here they are a few months later...

These are the first two chicks in the original post, they are 24 weeks old this week and Basil is definitely a rooster
smile.png

and this is the third chick, she is 23 weeks old this week.
They are gorgeous!

We're 15 days from hatching our Japanese bantam x buff silkie blend 10 eggs doing excellent so far.
I suspect most will be black, but we'll post pics of mamas and papa when I can get in our home PC

The babies I got, one more hadn't hatched yet, I'll check that egg this eve. All have feathered feet and extra toes, one has really puffy cheeks.

Back
Top Bottom