Silkie thread!

[/URL]

Can anyone tell if my babies are male or female?

Last edited:
Heads up guys, someone's stealing pictures to sell hatching eggs on Ebay. They used my pic of my lovely black rooster in their Ebay listing. Here's a link to the listing I anyone's interested in seeing if theyre pictures are being used as well:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SQ-Silkie-H...Fg96wJAXd%2BtAgCjfb8s%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

That is just soooo wrong on sooo many levels! They should be ashamed! I hope you reported it.

(I assume they didn't buy hatching eggs from you to begin with? But they still shouldn't use your pictures!)

I ended up getting my silkie and named her (fingers crossed) Ling Ling.
"She" is 3 weeks old. This is how she looks now. Can you guys tell what it will
be? Male or Female. Ill be so sad because roosters are not permitted where i live :(
It has these little strings on the top of the head. Im so anxious!

I ended up getting my silkie and named her (fingers crossed) Ling Ling.
"She" is 3 weeks old. This is how she looks now. Can you guys tell what it will
be? Male or Female. Ill be so sad because roosters are not permitted where i live :(
It has these little strings on the top of the head. Im so anxious!

Way way way way way way WAY too young to tell. Silkies are incredibly difficult to sex, most of the time. As of now, there are no early cockerel signs (large, mulberry colored comb, small swept back crest). Way too young to tell, though.

Very cute!

P.S.

Here is a thread I found full of helpful tips for determining your silkie's sex. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/609085/sexing-your-silkies-pictures-and-tips-updated-july-5-12

Last edited:
Very true. But, I just think its wrong to misrepresent what you're selling that way. The seller claimed their birds were SQ, which I'm guessing isn't exactly the case. If it were, they probably would've used pictures of their own flock.
Lesson learned, I'll watermark all of my pictures from now on. I did write the seller a not-so-nice email, that I'll probably never get a reply to. But, it might make them think twice about using someone else's pictures in the future!

Very true. But, I just think its wrong to misrepresent what you're selling that way. The seller claimed their birds were SQ, which I'm guessing isn't exactly the case. If it were, they probably would've used pictures of their own flock.
Lesson learned, I'll watermark all of my pictures from now on. I did write the seller a not-so-nice email, that I'll probably never get a reply to. But, it might make them think twice about using someone else's pictures in the future!

Oh for sure, very dishonest. Disappointment Im afraid is in stall for those that bought the eggs. :rolleyes:

Hoping for a girl on this one, considering I already had to rehome 3 cockerels. Here's a close up (very skittish, doesn't like to be held at all)

Far away pic with it's BFF

It is a cuckoo silkie, 12 weeks.

Thanks!

Last edited:
What's the worst about that whole situation, is the buyer was a BYC member. They were actually the one that brought the picture stealing to my attention. Found my picture here on BYC and figured things didn't add up there. They stated that the biggest reason they bought the eggs was because of my lovely rooster :/

Back
Top Bottom