Silkie thread!

They are the ' teddy bear ' of the chicken world. Before you know it you will be surrounded by them. You can't just stop at a few.
lau.gif

Bit like malteesas. ( chocolates ).
smile.png
hehe yip I found a breeder that has blue and birchen (not sure if that is correct but that is the colour he said) hens for sale my little roo is one lucky guy
yippiechickie.gif

Wow!!! I gotta get some silkies!!! I love them!!! The fox Got mine
1f62d.png
Silkies really are the best of chickens ^^( shhhhh dont tell the other breeds!) I reccomend Red or Buff, they are beautiful, and opposed to white, they llook less dirty when they really are dirty, and unlike black and blue, their dark feathers wont absorb heat as much. I have a Buff Roo at the moment, he is a little scraggly due to an early aged molt, but he is going to be my breeding Roo if my dad can get used to the fact.

I waited literally years to get some
Silkies! I had a partridge Roo, a white pair and a black roo. Working on a coop now!!! Then I'll get some more!!! I love them so much!

Silkies really are the best of chickens ^^( shhhhh dont tell the other breeds!)  I reccomend Red or Buff, they are beautiful, and opposed to white, they llook less dirty when they really are dirty, and unlike black and blue, their dark feathers wont absorb heat as much. I have a Buff Roo at the moment, he is a little scraggly due to an early aged molt, but he is going to be my breeding Roo if my dad can get used to the fact.

Buff is a strong color gene. I hatched 12 from my buff roo with a black tailed white Japanese bantam and a partridge EE and only one isn't buff colored and he's white-ish with buff leakage.

This is Pancake. I mentioned her and her parents a long time ago on this thread. She hatched this spring under my broody silkie, Caroline. She is the first chick to hatch in my coop!

This is Pancake with her parents, Dot and Caroline.

She's 10 weeks old in the top picture. Do you think she's a pullet or a cockerel?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom