Silkie thread!

My little Silkie named Brat hanging out with her little EE buddy. Are her feathers looking right? Let me know what you think.

My little Silkie named Brat hanging out with her little EE buddy. Are her feathers looking right? Let me know what you think.

Is the EE a bantam also?

We have a LF APA Ameraucana (my avatar) and she is the only LF to play "nice" with our Silkies. We've re-homed all the other LF breeds that were too assertive/aggressive with the Silkies. My friend has 3 EEs and says nice things about them too. Occasionally I hear reports of a bossy EE but not very often. Mostly these birds are gentle non-combative fowl.

Is the EE a bantam also? 

We have a LF APA Ameraucana (my avatar) and she is the only LF to play "nice" with our Silkies.  We've re-homed all the other LF breeds that were too assertive/aggressive with the Silkies.  My friend has 3 EEs and says nice things about them too.  Occasionally I hear reports of a bossy EE but not very often.  Mostly these birds are gentle non-combative fowl. 
No, it's a standard size EE just a few weeks younger. My silkie was a solo hatch out of 6 eggs so when the feed store got chicks in I got her a friend. The silkie is the boss in this friendship!
1f606.png

It could be because his Creast is too big and in his eyes and he cannot locate food properly or because chickens crops empty over night as @subhanalah already said

No, it's a standard size EE just a few weeks younger. My silkie was a solo hatch out of 6 eggs so when the feed store got chicks in I got her a friend. The silkie is the boss in this friendship!
1f606.png

People consider Silkies gentle and docile. Well they can seem gentle only because the fluffy flightless birds are easy to catch but there pounds the heart of a LF in that fluffy breast. Both our Silkies are assertive hens. The Amer stands 2x taller but will submit to both Silkies and the matriarch Silkie will chase the Amer if the Amer tries to steal treats. I like this arrangement because an assertive Silkie can't do damage to a LF that can either jump over or run away faster LOL. We've had several aggressive LF in our backyard with the Silkies and had to re-home them all except for the Amer who lets the Silkies be "boss." I would not hesitate to mix Amer/EEs/Araucanas with Polish, Silkies, Doms, bantams, Breda, or other gentle breeds because Amer/EEs are generally non-combative and are accepting of other breeds where heavier LF are not so willing to give up dominance.

Back
Top Bottom