Silkie thread!

Beautiful birds! I'm surprised the baby came out pure white! My EE hen, similar in color to yours, and my white silkie rooster, had this:
Same chicken in all those pics

here's my little 4 1\2 month old buff silkie!
this is her when she is wet:

here's her when she was a chick:

gotta get more pics, but this is good for now!

My oldest roo is a buff silkie. We hatched 11 from him this spring. Then my Japanese bantam went broody and hatched one. Now I have 8 buff babies running around. 3 ee mixed and 5 bantam mixed. Only got 3 roos out of 12. Couldn't believe the odds of that. One roo disappeared just after I moved them outside but the other two have grown into very handsome boys.

Last edited:
My oldest roo is a buff silkie. We hatched 11 from him this spring. Then my Japanese bantam went broody and hatched one. Now I have 8 buff babies running around. 3 ee mixed and 5 bantam mixed. Only got 3 roos out of 12. Couldn't believe the odds of that. One roo disappeared just after I moved them outside but the other two have grown into very handsome boys.
Aw i Bet they were so cute! :love

Lucky duck! I have four right now, and only one is a definite male so far. Crossing my fingers!!

So this is one of my silkies. this is the one that in a previous thread i was told might be a rooster. Not really sure what is going on- is this just feathers coming in or is she/he sick? The other two don't seem to have this going on. They hatched in mid april so are about 19-20 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom