Silkied Ameraucana Project

Everybody is still on strike for now - eggs! C;mon down!!!!!

Found this over on FB - hairy read but article on spontaneous silky feather mutation that should answer some questions

Sigrid van Dort
8 hrs
Interesting new paper on silkie gene:
A cis-regulatory mutation of PDSS2 causes silky-feather in Chickens. A must read for my English reading friends. Skip the complicated parts, first 2 pages can be read without a problem, good picture on page 3 skip the text there, page 4 second column good read, skip till page 9 'DISCUSSION', thats a good read too till Material and Methods.
I made a Dutch article of it because not all Dutch can read papers in English.
You can open the Dutc...h article (www.tuinvee.nl) to see photos of half silkied half smooth Silkies.
Check out the link below:
http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pgen.1004576#pgen.1004576-Gunnarsson1

Everybody is still on strike for now - eggs! C;mon down!!!!!

Found this over on FB - hairy read but article on spontaneous silky feather mutation that should answer some questions

Sigrid van Dort
8 hrs
Interesting new paper on silkie gene:
A cis-regulatory mutation of PDSS2 causes silky-feather in Chickens. A must read for my English reading friends. Skip the complicated parts, first 2 pages can be read without a problem, good picture on page 3 skip the text there, page 4 second column good read, skip till page 9 'DISCUSSION', thats a good read too till Material and Methods.
I made a Dutch article of it because not all Dutch can read papers in English.
You can open the Dutc...h article (www.tuinvee.nl) to see photos of half silkied half smooth Silkies.
Check out the link below:
http://www.plosgenetics.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pgen.1004576#pgen.1004576-Gunnarsson1

I feel you on the egg strike, right when I was going to have some to share too. Those look interesting for reading material, can't wait to dig into that! Thanks for rounding it up for us.

Hey everyone,

I haven't been around here in forever! I wish I had more to report on my silkied project. Life got in the way for a while and I haven't produced any in long time, then in the past 2 weeks lost my last silkied birds.

If anyone has eggs available for sale, please keep me in mind. I refuse to give up on getting my lavender silkied Ameraucanas!

Thanks
Nicole

Anyone looking for a silkied Ameraucana Cockerel? I have a beautiful friendly guy, 6 months old and needing a home out of city limits :) I am in NE Kansas. We got eggs from ChooksChick.

Thanks!

Last edited:

My silkied. They are growing. Hoping for my first egg soon. I have 3 silkied pullets and 3 silkied split pullets. And 3 silkied roos. So I am set to start hatching in the Spring. Hopefully have some eggs to sell soon also.

Back
Top Bottom