Silkies from Garry Farm "BARGAIN" ?

Time for a Garry UPDATE! These were hatched Jan 12th! A white one crowed this morning! I was totally not expecting that yet!
gig.gif
Honestly, I could sit and watch them all day!

Oh my! They are simply stunning Becky! :)
I love seeing the group shots, beautiful seeing the different colors beside each other.
I can't wait till my garry babies grow up some more, they are starting to finally look like silkes but are still trying to get those neck and head feathers hehe

Hi everyone I thought I would post some updated pics of my Garry Farm babies as well :) They are almost 2 months old and so fun and entertaining to watch and play with. I want more so bad haha

Molly, thanks for posting these! They look so much like mine!!! I have 3 white, 1 black and 1 buff! They are sooooo cute! What a beautiful place you have for them to forage! Lucky birds indeed!!

They do look really alike! I have two that are very noticeably larger then the others and they already have larger combs as well. And the other day when my daughter and I were outside letting them free range we noticed them "fighting", at first we thought they were just being frisky cause they were free running around but when I picked them up to check on them they each had little blood spots on the tops of their heads where they were pecking each other. They are only 2 months old, is it normal for them to already not be getting along if they are males?! Just wondered if you had noticed that kind of behavior in yours yet, these are my first silkies and will be my first male chickens as well so i'm not familiar at all with the rooster behavior :)

I definately have one rooster (already crowing) - but I have not noticed if anyone else is yet, so I have not seen fighting that I have seen. I actually have 18/ 7 week old's from another breeder and I have seen more fighting with those little twirps than my big guys - and I don't even know sex on those yet! Roosters will fight for "pecking order" , but this is my first time with Silkies, so not sure on them. I found that roosters hatched together in my regular flock will usually get along except for an occasional scuffle. Hmmm...looks like you might have to watch closely.

Hopefully mine were just having a short lived argument haha, I don't want to have to get rid of any of them and was actually hoping to get more silkie eggs from another breeder so I could mix them together and hopefully breed them. I need to study up on how to use power tools more cause my husband will kill me if I ask him to build another chicken house, I might have to build it myself!

Hopefully mine were just having a short lived argument haha, I don't want to have to get rid of any of them and was actually hoping to get more silkie eggs from another breeder so I could mix them together and hopefully breed them. I need to study up on how to use power tools more cause my husband will kill me if I ask him to build another chicken house, I might have to build it myself!

Hahaha! I can totally relate. Let's just say my husband is willing to build because I am willing to look the other way when he buys another piece of equipment for his "hobby"!
big_smile.png
. Last time we converted an old metal shed, that once cleaned up and painted works great! We elevated it onto a platform so they can go under it in the summer when it gets hot, and it is attached to their run, totally predator proof! I did what you are doing - bought from 2 breeders, and hope to breed. There is no great silkie lines where I live - only hatchery. Right now I feel like I am in the Star trek episode..."the trouble with Tribbles" - I have silkie babies everywhere!
lau.gif
. I love 'em though!

I just started my second batch of eggs from Garry farm. I am beyond thrilled with the first batch! My babies are about 2 weeks old. They have beautiful poofy heads. :)
[/IMG]

Ah finally, I found some more baby pictures!!!! :) PaulaJean your babies are soo sweet!!!!Noahs mom started this thread such a long while ago and I just saw your post come up!!!! I'm about to tear up my incubator, but I have to wait to open the door....I have mostly nonsilkies in there this time but I so want to see my babies.....This is soo much harder than anything because I hear peeps but hubby says back away...He knows if I start playing with them, the rest will loose their needed humidity! LOL..... I just want to hold those babies in my hands, so I live vicariously through everyone's baby pictures!!!!! Happy Easter to all!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom