Smoky Mtn East TN

I am in jonesborough, tn and I am looking for some RIR orpingtons,or Maran pullets or full grown..let me know what you have and how much

My bantam: americanas silkie Brahma and OEG, are all ok with the weather changes. My muscovies have been sleeping on pond, sunning selves in morning ropof roof sun, and flying way off somewhere during day at times. Pigeons they're not happy with sudden now cold nights. Rabbits cats and dogs don't care at all any which way and all play acting crazy. Been lot of skunks coming around close at night, peeing around chicken coop working. The male dog got one and awful smelly but he seems enjoying smell like his father did. haven't had anything pred wise besides skunks even get near here. I'm thinking I may try getting skunk scent from sport dog store, to put round pond porch coop n shed.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. ..
I have a small flock of 9 laying hens. They have never been exposed to a rooster. I picked up a Speckled Sussex rooster and want to integrate him into the flock...any suggestions?
Thanks.

Best way to integrate a rooster is wait till dark and put him to roost with them. Roosters put with hens that have no room, don't have probs integrating except if he is very mean or they are. If hens mean they'll just show him his place and or chase around a Lil, but you should separate for month so know he is not sick with anything.

I have four maybe five female rabbits to rehome. $20 new Zealand, $20 for both harlequins, $15 on one or two Rex. two maybe three male guineapigs $5 each. All friendly, I just took them in from friend who had as free roaming house pets till her landlord found out. May trade on Rex, dutch, or Netherland dwarf rabbits, or Muscovy ducks. Parrotville/Newport/Morristown area

Last edited:
There are some local poultry groups on fb that I knew a couple people that had just had japs getting laying age about in January, so they may have eggs or chicks etc by now.

Anyone curious about non: flying climbing noisy smelly domestic feeder insect dubias. My rescued games laid daily though only med eggs, and made all games and fancy extremely healthy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom