southern california sources for baby chicks ???

tri-5-ron

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Orange County
Does anyone here recommend any stores in the general areas of Orange County, Corona, Norco, Temecula, or surrounding areas ???

My coop/pen is nearing compleation, and I know that the chicks will still need to be indoors for a while.
My kids are getting so excited, that I might as well start thinking about getting some chicks now.

Maybe even this weekend ???

Thanks,
Ron

The Country Feed Store in Vista usually has a selection of the most popular breeds. it is probably a bit far for you but they do have chicks. There's also Hawthorne's in Escondido.

How far south in OC are you? I am in the high desert and the only place here that sells chicks in Apple Valley Feed Bin - however, call first. They run out fast some times. And if they tell you they Amerauana's they are EE's. Don;t buy ducks from them unless you don't care about breed. They really don't know their breeds very well.

I just picked up a few chicks in Norco today...ooppps! I couldn't resist!

Linda's Feed on Sixth Street in Norco has silver laced wyandottes, gold laced wyandottes, black australorps and americaunas. They are 2 days old and all look happy and healthy.

I should probably contact onthespot next time though. I didn't realize they sell chicks, and it would be nice to support a fellow BYC member!

Quote:
I just got off the phone with "Bill" at Midway City Feed.
Seemed very nice, easy going, and personable on the phone, and took a few minutes to talk with me and make sure I was properly prepared to keep the chicks healthy and happy.
(He actually seemed more concerned about it than I would have expected). I liked that.
We will be visiting his store today, and may even have some "New Arrivials" coming home with us. Yea !

Now besides the big brooder tub, screen for the top, 100w clamp light, feeder, waterer, and some bedding,....
Should I need to pick up anything else that the chicks will need ???
Meds ?
Suppliments ?
Other Supplies ???

hey ron,

there is a feed store in orange called Foothill Feed. its on chapman out by the oc mining company. they have everything you need. organic feeds, mash and pellets, oyster shells, bedding. the lady in there is pretty nice too.
i didn't see any posts to let you know about that store, so if you already know about it, then cool.
i saw someone post about midway city feed, that is where we go. good people but they don't carry organic layer pellets, just mash. good luck.
-gb

Back
Top Bottom