"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

We have a pip!:woot
Hooray!!

Sweet!

I candle day
And 18
what if overdue?

Quote: Sweet unique Molly girl!! love these pics!!! and Beautiful Kendra too!

So now that i'm all caught up

Last night after the 2 hatched another 3 decided to pop out, so i have 5 in the bator drying, 1 more pipped and hopefully more will pip while i'm at work

I did find 1 DIS this morning :*( last night it was breathing out its pip hole but this morning it wasnt moving so i got a bamboo skewer and stuck in the little vent hole so i could poke the shell and see if it would move at all, and it didn't, upon speedy removal it looks like it flipped itself down to the other end and got stuck and suffocated and i think it was a splash maran
hit.gif

agfter i took it out and started peeling to find its beak my daughter (4 yo) looks at me and says 'mommy i think its dead' lol, yep but i was still gonna try
hugs.gif
I am sorry about the DIS

Quote:
I'm not sure I could be, but it's only day 7 and they were on opposite sides of one another.
hmm.png
Well today is day 8, but it didn't look like they were connected in anyway. They are both on opposite sides of each other, ones on the west side and the others on the east.
hmm.png

try to get images if you candle day 10!

highfive.gif
fl.gif
good Luck!!

Thanks I thought so too but it turns out the breeder's flock has infectious Coryza, the NN Polish didn't make it and I had to cull my small flock of 9. She still breeds them but no way am I ever stepping foot there again.
oh NOOOOOO!!!!!!
this is terrible!!
Well I have 20+ chicks in the bator. It's getting crowded but still have like 10 eggs pipped. I'll take pics when there all out. I dropped 40+ eggs on April 8th also. So I'll have another April hatch also. Let's keep raining the April chicks guys.
great hatch!!!

The main flock, last pics of our chickens:)
awwwwwww feeding the flock!!!

Woke up to one RIR pip yesterday

Today woke up to a RIR hatch.
And 3 pips.

Early hatches but I think it was a pretty clean hatch.
highfive.gif

Eggs UNHATCHED at end of Incubation

Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching - Click HERE
I HAVE EGGS LEFT UNHATCHED NOW WHAT? post #25223
EGGTOPSYS & REMINDERS IF YOU WANT US TO HELP SEE post #2140 post #42654 post #44923 post #45013 post #54834
Pipped but dead post #47432
Normal hatching position and the six recognized malpositions Images: click here
Trouble Shooting Failures with Egg Incubation
http://msucares.com/poultry/reproductions/trouble.html

Hatchability Problem Analysis http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00008570/00001
Troubleshootting Incubation http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/pdf/8127.pdf
This is also a great pdf with pics: paste link in browser search: CLICK HERE
Eggtopsy:
What happened to my egg? https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/363717/eggtopsy-what-happened-to-my-egg-graphic-pictures

Sally, have to say, cracking up at those look a like photos of men and their NN hair cuts..if they only knew!
gig.gif

I knew I had a chick zipping, sat down to talk with my hubby a bit, then remembered the chick, ran..silly me..to get to the bator, rammmed...yes, rammed my pinky toe and the next one into a doorway, really hard. Pretty sure it's broken. :/ Man that hurt! All to watch a chick hatch! It's doing a nice swell up job..I've broken this pinky toe before. I've broken both pinky toes before. Am I a clutz? I guess.
idunno.gif
I fell on top of the brooder. Poor babies in there thought an earthquake had happened. I have my son's wedding to go to next Thursday. Hope I can wear a shoe. :/ I'm so mad at myself. This is the hatch for a friend..A Barnie is first to hatch.

I knew I had a chick zipping, sat down to talk with my hubby a bit, then remembered the chick, ran..silly me..to get to the bator, rammmed...yes, rammed my pinky toe and the next one into a doorway, really hard.  Pretty sure it's broken. :/   Man that hurt!   All to watch a chick hatch!  It's doing a nice swell up job..I've broken this pinky toe before.  I've broken both pinky toes before.  Am I a clutz?   I guess.  :idunno   I fell on top of the brooder.  Poor babies in there thought an earthquake had happened.  I have my son's wedding to go to next Thursday.  Hope I can wear a shoe.   :/   I'm so mad at myself. This is the hatch for a friend..A Barnie is first to hatch. 

LOL Cynth, but I hope ya get better soon.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom