"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

Suppose now that this HAL is over I should post some blurry photos of my 4 successes.

Yokel, first egg ever hatched here...Olive Egger named after the guy who gifted me the eggs he'd won, our own @LocalYokel

Sweet Pea...egg was marked Cream Legbar but someone said they don't think that's what it is. We'll find out, I guess. Second egg from those @LocalYokel gave me.

And this is Sluf, a Naked Neck hatched Friday from an egg marked Australorp! He's now almost 2 days old.

She doesn't have a name yet. We just call her "Little Stinker" but that's until we decide on one for sure. Phoenix is in the running - since we found her dead and unresponsive in the run and revived her.

Sweet Pea, just coming out from under Mama Heating Pad, and Sluf getting ready to duck under and warm up his bald neck. The EE in the background doesn't have a name yet, either, and behind is Little Stinker. Sluf went out to live with the bigger chicks today and is doing just fine outside.

Last edited:
Suppose now that this HAL is over I should post some blurry photos of my 4 successes. Yokel, first egg ever hatched here...Olive Egger named after the guy who gifted me the eggs he'd won, our own @LocalYokel Sweetie Pie....egg was marked Cream Legbar but someone said they don't think that's what it is. We'll find out, I guess. Second egg from those @LocalYokel gave me. And this is Sluf, a Naked Neck hatched Friday from an egg marked Australorp! He's now almost 2 days old. She doesn't have a name yet. We just call her "Little Stinker" but that's until we decide on one for sure. Phoenix is in the running - since we found her dead and unresponsive in the run and revived her. Sweet Pea, just coming out from under Mama Heating Pad, and Sluf getting ready to duck under and warm up his bald neck. The EE in the background doesn't have a name yet, either, and behind is Little Stinker. Sluf went out to live with the bigger chicks today and is doing just fine outside.
if your Sweetie Pie is a cream Legbar, it would be a cockerel.

Suppose now that this HAL is over I should post some blurry photos of my 4 successes.

Yokel, first egg ever hatched here...Olive Egger named after the guy who gifted me the eggs he'd won, our own @LocalYokel

Sweetie Pie....egg was marked Cream Legbar but someone said they don't think that's what it is. We'll find out, I guess. Second egg from those @LocalYokel gave me.

And this is Sluf, a Naked Neck hatched Friday from an egg marked Australorp! He's now almost 2 days old.

She doesn't have a name yet. We just call her "Little Stinker" but that's until we decide on one for sure. Phoenix is in the running - since we found her dead and unresponsive in the run and revived her.

Sweet Pea, just coming out from under Mama Heating Pad, and Sluf getting ready to duck under and warm up his bald neck. The EE in the background doesn't have a name yet, either, and behind is Little Stinker. Sluf went out to live with the bigger chicks today and is doing just fine outside.
Good going, Blooie! That Jack's a sweetheart, ain't he? That was a very nice gesture, and I'm glad you have some chicks to show for it! Congratulations!!!
clap.gif

Here is a basket o boys, all different colors of cockerels for cream legbar. There are more down patterns, but these are just a good example of the variety they can come in. These are from my flock.

if your Sweetie Pie is a cream Legbar, it would be a cockerel.
I had to correct the name too...I said Sweetie Pie but it's supposed to be Sweet Pea. My mistake! Yep, as soon as he was dry I spotted that white on his head and figured boy. I think it was @R2elk who said that the coloring didn't look very Cream Legbar.

Good going, Blooie! That Jack's a sweetheart, ain't he? That was a very nice gesture, and I'm glad you have some chicks to show for it! Congratulations!!!
clap.gif
Not too many to show for it, my friend, but yep, Jack is really something and I promised him I'd name the first chick after him. He gifted the dozen he won to me right after my heart attack and stenting. I had already ordered 9, so with extras MyPetChicken sent that gave me 28 eggs! Then I won 6 more that somehow morphed into 11 when the package arrived. Out of 3 sets of eggs, I ended up with 39. So 3 chicks is a pretty dismal track record. I now have 15 Silkie eggs cooking, and I just hope they do better.

Here is a basket o boys, all different colors of cockerels for cream legbar. There are more down patterns, but these are just a good example of the variety they can come in. These are from my flock.
WOW...that's really helpful, @Bantambird ! And Sweet Pea looks just like the one on the lower left! All the chick pictures I'd seen were the dark ones just like the one in the upper center, so you've really set my mind at ease! One egg hatching as something totally different than what was marked on the egg was enough!
lau.gif
So thank you, thank you! With your permission, I'd like to save that photo to my computer, since Cream Legbars are a breed I'd really like to have more of!

Waffles (the black), Biscuits (the lavender) & Gravy (the lavender with pink leg band). Big difference in size between them. Waffles is the oldest by one day over Biscuits and two days over Gravy. Will get pics of Toast tomorrow evening.

Cute! I love the patterns on Waffles!

I have 2 pips as of now...

Back
Top Bottom