"Springing in the Chicks" 2016 April Hatch-a-Long Hosted by Mike & Sally

IVE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!!! My husband just texted me saying he's sold about 20 of our blk Australorp and Australorp/white leghorn chicks..... Not a bad thing... Bad thing.... I've got NONE! My incubator is full and now I'm collecting eggs to meet the needed chicks.
1f602.png
1f605.png
good thing most of the eggs are bantam eggs and I can organize.
Selling them is a good thing, now you can hatch even more!

The little chick died. I think maybe it had the cord around its leg and the yolk came out? I'm not sure. The yolk had ruptured also.
I'm sorry.

Patiently waiting for hatch mates.
love.gif
I hope they hurry!

My lock down eggs are hatching!! nobody home right now to give me an update, but last update I got 2 hours ago was 3 hatched, and at least 7 pips!

I made the mistake of counting all the eggs I have in my staggered hatches. It never seems like that many when you only set a few each time, but NOT counting the eggs in Lock down and NOT counting the 60 I'm hatching for someone else, I have 107 eggs currently incubating.

I have 13 babies from my hatch last week, I have 37 babies from the Easter hatch, and about 40 from earlier hatches. Since I had 3 deaths, I sent one off to be necropsied and I don't want to sell any until I get a cause of death. I'm running out of space.....
woot.gif
For the hatching. There is a whole lot of not counting going on!
lau.gif
Still no lab report?
th.gif

I am sad, Prince has died........ I enjoyed his music a lot. I will name my next chick after him.
That's sad.

Quote:
Of course it is.

So I didn't have high hopes for this batch. I candled yesterday before putting them in lockdown, and they just didn't look right. Not full enough, and a lot of thick veins didn't seem like many were moving. Not like my previous hatches where they were full and dark, moving around a lot. I was taking a nap this morning and woke to a lot of cheeping. One hatched, 3 more pipped.
Congratulations!

So I didn't have high hopes for this batch. I candled yesterday before putting them in lockdown, and they just didn't look right. Not full enough, and a lot of thick veins didn't seem like many were moving. Not like my previous hatches where they were full and dark, moving around a lot. I was taking a nap this morning and woke to a lot of cheeping. One hatched, 3 more pipped.
woot.gif
fl.gif
Hope the rest hatch out for you.

What are you hatching again?

ok final report on BR broody, hatched 11 , 1 died first day after hatch, eggtopsy preformed 3 internal pips dead in shell 1 clear and 9 early deaths

she got off nest this morning and took the live ones out for a bit but took em right back to a safe place with 2 roosters and 16 other hens

ok final report on BR broody, hatched 11 , 1 died first day after hatch, eggtopsy preformed 3 internal pips dead in shell 1 clear and 9 early deaths

she got off nest this morning and took the live ones out for a bit but took em right back to a safe place with 2 roosters and 16 other hens
Thanks for the update on the broody.

Sounds like she will be a good mother hen.

OMG! I opened the incubator to add more warm water and I hear peeping, one sultun egg has a hole! So maybe this second incubator will work. All the eggs seem to look darker inside. This is taking longer than the 21 days because the temp wasn't warm enough in the beginning. It took a few days to get the temp up to speed and I was paranoid about temperature spikes. Hoping most will hatch. This is so exciting for first timers and I could just sit and stare into the incubator for hours.

OMG! I opened the incubator to add more warm water and I hear peeping, one sultun egg has a hole! So maybe this second incubator will work. All the eggs seem to look darker inside. This is taking longer than the 21 days because the temp wasn't warm enough in the beginning. It took a few days to get the temp up to speed and I was paranoid about temperature spikes. Hoping most will hatch. This is so exciting for first timers and I could just sit and stare into the incubator for hours.
woot.gif
Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom