Stella's Social Club

Mayo (but Miracle Whip ain't too shabby either
wink.png
)

TP- Over

Whole egg

LOVE ALL CHOCOLATE--Belgian especially!!

Whipped Cream AND Buttercream-Do I have to decide??
Cold Stone Creamery "Cake Batter" with sprinkles on top
droolin.gif

(Rita's frozen custard is a very close second though)

I know a lot of you have TONS more experience than I do. Any suggestions what I could do with this pullet? Noticed her eye on Friday afternoon and isolated her, she's had Gallimycin in her water since Saturday. Sunday morning I ran to Atwoods to buy some Tylan 50 and started injections (1/2 cc). I'm also rubbing triple antibiotic ointment into her eye two to three times per day. This morning was Day 4 on the Tylan. She is still eating and drinking but I am starting to worry with so much swelling for so long it is going to affect her eyesight permanantly. When I pull her eye open and look around there is sometimes a little watery white infection but it is all mostly swelling of the eyeball and tissues around the eye. The eyeball itself is swollen. She is marginally better than before I started the Tylan, the swelling is slightly less and she can open her eye a crack on her own. I know Tylan is supposed to be given for a max of 5 days, should I continue it for a few more beyond the 5? Or is there something better I could use?

These photos were taken Saturday:

These photos were taken this afternoon:

(She is opening her eye in this photo)

I know a lot of you have TONS more experience than I do. Any suggestions what I could do with this pullet? Noticed her eye on Friday afternoon and isolated her, she's had Gallimycin in her water since Saturday. Sunday morning I ran to Atwoods to buy some Tylan 50 and started injections (1/2 cc). I'm also rubbing triple antibiotic ointment into her eye two to three times per day. This morning was Day 4 on the Tylan. She is still eating and drinking but I am starting to worry with so much swelling for so long it is going to affect her eyesight permanantly. When I pull her eye open and look around there is sometimes a little watery white infection but it is all mostly swelling of the eyeball and tissues around the eye. The eyeball itself is swollen. She is marginally better than before I started the Tylan, the swelling is slightly less and she can open her eye a crack on her own. I know Tylan is supposed to be given for a max of 5 days, should I continue it for a few more beyond the 5? Or is there something better I could use?

Spray the eye with Vetricyn. They is a red eye version but in only has one more ingredient so regular should work too.

anti biotics only work on bacteria.

I would keep up with the eye ointment and see how she does. It could be something as simple as something got in her eye and caused an irritation, then an infection.

Tylan only works if the eye stuff is respitory or something like that. If tylan has not helped in 5 days it is not working
I would keep up with the eye ointment and see how she does.  It could be something as simple as something got in her eye and caused an irritation, then an infection.

Good to know. Thanks everybody, I assumed this was related to respiratory, hence the Gallimycin and Tylan, but as no marked improvement I will finish the 5 day course of Tylan tomorrow and try to get to the feed store for some Vetricin, but continue the triple antibiotic ointment (that's when I started seeing the most difference). My kids have strep so we'll see how soon I can get out- may have to wait until tonight after hubby gets home and hope the feed store is still open....

Good to know. Thanks everybody, I assumed this was related to respiratory, hence the Gallimycin and Tylan, but as no marked improvement I will finish the 5 day course of Tylan tomorrow and try to get to the feed store for some Vetricin, but continue the triple antibiotic ointment (that's when I started seeing the most difference). My kids have strep so we'll see how soon I can get out- may have to wait until tonight after hubby gets home and hope the feed store is still open....
The picture of the eye does not look like the respiratory pictures of eyes that I have seen.

She probably scratched it or got something in it.

Back
Top Bottom