Stella's Social Club

Happy Hatching Jason!
clap.gif

1 AM and I am all alone.... quiet .... peaceful .....
celebrate.gif

(and tired)
I have time to order a couple things online that I have been wanting to do for awhile.

Broodies! Did I tell you I have broodies?
lau.gif

The last couple days I have been throwing the remaining wanna-be-mamas off the nests. They see me coming and start screaming.

Broody #1 with 9 chicks. 6 yellow, 3 black

Broody #2 (Wheaten Ameraucana) 5 chicks - yellow....

but this one yellow one has other colors too. I wonder what it will look like.

Broody #3 - Screamer! She has 2 (or maybe3) chicks

Broody #4 has 2 chicks - 1 yellow, 1 black

Broody #5 has 4 (5 I think) yellow chicks.

Broody #6 just finished raising kids, laid about a dozen eggs and proceeded to set. I just let her. I believe she will hatch this week.

A couple random pictures....

Well...It's 11:37pm here in AZ...
Same as your sitch...house is q-u-i-e-t...every one asleep...LOVE.
celebrate.gif

Hope you are ordering some fun things online...how great is getting a box, any box delivered to your home ??
big_smile.png

Your pics made me chuckle...broody hens always have those 'CRAZY' eyes---right ?? wonder if you end up with any purebred chicks...assuming they were not in breeding pens recently. barnyard mixes can be fun...especially when the breeders are nice quality
wink.png

Enjoy your time in P & Q.

Cindy

P.S. here's a pic of my just turned 5 year old son 'Jake' at the train station park in a "REAL" caboose he says...had this cutie a bit later in life...think they call it "advanced maternal age"
ep.gif
(my oldest is 24.)

Nice broodies and cute chicks Kathy. I have one Icelandic raising two mutts, 1 Icelandic on some Icelandic eggs, 1 Olandsk Dwarf setting on more dwarf eggs, 1 SFH on SFH eggs, and one mutt started on mutt eggs but she's getting kicked off don't need any more barnies running around.

Cute boy Cindy. My sister's kids are 27,21,16,and 8 so same number of years as you from oldest to youngest.

THAT'S why you have so many broodies Kathy, you keep letting them reproduce broody offspring! Cute pictures.

Adorable picture Cindy - my youngest loves trains as well.

1 have 3 broodies - haven't broken the Orp yet and she "collected" some eggs over the weekend while we were gone. I found 4 developing (2 Olive Eggers, 1 barnevelder and 1 Cream Legbar - all covered by a barnie rooster) so I let her keep them. I will separate her when they hatch and hopefully, she'll figure out how to be a momma. My Icelandic hen and BR hen from Kathy are both proven mama's. Although I'm worried as one of my barnevelders screamed at me while on the nest yesterday. I only have 5 nesting boxes and I've got broodies hogging 3 of them.

Last edited:
Cute kid Cindy! Looks like he is in jail!

What is wrong with all these broodies? Why don't they realize that late spring/early summer is time for fun before the heat sets in. Time to enjoy the great outdoors without melting their make-up. Flip flops, sun dresses, cute straw hats. In a couple of weeks they will have babies wanting them to go out and play. All they will want to do is stay inside under the air conditioner (well, Mahonri's girls anyway).

Well...It's 11:37pm here in AZ...
Same as your sitch...house is q-u-i-e-t...every one asleep...LOVE.
celebrate.gif

Hope you are ordering some fun things online...how great is getting a box, any box delivered to your home ??
big_smile.png

Your pics made me chuckle...broody hens always have those 'CRAZY' eyes---right ?? wonder if you end up with any purebred chicks...assuming they were not in breeding pens recently. barnyard mixes can be fun...especially when the breeders are nice quality
wink.png

Enjoy your time in P & Q.

Cindy

P.S. here's a pic of my just turned 5 year old son 'Jake' at the train station park in a "REAL" caboose he says...had this cutie a bit later in life...think they call it "advanced maternal age"
ep.gif
(my oldest is 24.)

My dad's oldest sibling is 25 years older than him, and his oldest niece is 3 years younger than him....

Back
Top Bottom