Stella's Social Club

Kathy just posted this on her FB account, for anyone interested.

Funeral services for my son, Michael Bonham, Jr. Monday 10 AM at the Missouri Valley High School. Visitation with family Sunday 4PM - 7PM at Hennessey-Aman Funeral Home in Missouri Valley, Iowa.

Oh, you are all such dear dear friends!
hugs.gif

I can hardly bear this. Your prayers and thoughts are comforting. I want to scream when I see that the world is continueing on as per normal. MY world has stopped! How can others continue on? My pain is so deep, I feel so ill.

I have a hoodie Michael wore.... nearly every day. I can smell him. Awww, the sweet smell of my son. It is a comfort. I know it will not last long. For now, I can smell him. I can close my eyes and think he is near, too.

Funeral services are now set. This funeral is expected to be one of the largest ever in our home town. They felt the high school is the best place for it, so there will be ample seating. When I feel up to it, I would like to tell you about my son. Some day. Some time. Do note - he was a wonderful man, loved by many. SOOOOO many people he touched.

Funeral for Michael D. Bonham, Jr.
Monday, 10 AM at the Missouri Valley High School.
Visitation with family Sunday 4PM - 7PM at
Hennessey-Aman Funeral Home in Missouri Valley, Iowa.

I pray. I pray for strength. I pray for guidance. And, I pray for understanding.

O Lord, I call upon You in my time of sorrow,
That you give me the strength and will to bear this heavy burden,
ntil we can again feel the warmth and love of Your devine compassion.
Be mindful of me and have mercy on me whiloe I struggle to comprehend.

O Lord, Keep me ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with light hearts and renewed spirits.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

Rest in Peace, my son...........

Kathy it's too soon now but in a couple of months this song may help you, I played it over and over again after my 40 year old cousin died, he was a few years older than me but he treated me always as an equal and it tore me apart as if I lost a brother, I hope it helps.

Regards, Gene

Oh, you are all such dear dear friends!
hugs.gif

I can hardly bear this. Your prayers and thoughts are comforting. I want to scream when I see that the world is continueing on as per normal. MY world has stopped! How can others continue on? My pain is so deep, I feel so ill.

I have a hoodie Michael wore.... nearly every day. I can smell him. Awww, the sweet smell of my son. It is a comfort. I know it will not last long. For now, I can smell him. I can close my eyes and think he is near, too.

Funeral services are now set. This funeral is expected to be one of the largest ever in our home town. They felt the high school is the best place for it, so there will be ample seating. When I feel up to it, I would like to tell you about my son. Some day. Some time. Do note - he was a wonderful man, loved by many. SOOOOO many people he touched.

Funeral for Michael D. Bonham, Jr.
Monday, 10 AM at the Missouri Valley High School.
Visitation with family Sunday 4PM - 7PM at
Hennessey-Aman Funeral Home in Missouri Valley, Iowa.

I pray. I pray for strength. I pray for guidance. And, I pray for understanding.

O Lord, I call upon You in my time of sorrow,
That you give me the strength and will to bear this heavy burden,
ntil we can again feel the warmth and love of Your devine compassion.
Be mindful of me and have mercy on me whiloe I struggle to comprehend.

O Lord, Keep me ever in Your watch, til we can walk again with light hearts and renewed spirits.
In Jesus' name, Amen.

Kathy....Thank you for taking the time and strength for touching base here.

I would feel honored to know about your son, Michael....when you feel inspired to do so.

We'll be here....although I would imagine we'd all like to be there for you and yours.

((Hugs))
hugs.gif

Cindy in AZ

Words a mom should never have to say. Thanks for checking in with us Kathy. I know it is selfish but I am glad you did. In your grief the fact that you touched base with your chicken family is touching.

In the movie Steel Magnolias, I always loved the Dolly Parton Parton line "Laughter through tears is one of my favorite emotions." I had that happen to me today when crying for you and feeling helpless. I suddenly thought what we ought to do is each of us get on a plane, fly out to your house and teach you what "downsizing" really means. Then I realized we'd all have to drive because we'd be carrying chickens back with us!
We love you.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom