Sulmtalers Thread

Pics
Interesting.  AND...That male in the background is just STUNNING!!!!  :clap

Here's another picture of him scratching and showing off.

Flypen-- you do a beautiful job of taking goo pics in the sunlight rather than the shade-- sure helps to have plenty of sunlight on the subject. Very handsome. I rather like the white ear lobe.

Okay I am about ready to take my Greenfire juvies and set them up in their own breeder pens, but I am confused....I have red hens and blond (wheaten) hens and I have red necked roos and cream necked roos---which roo goes with which hen? Will they breed true? I prefer the wheaten hens and cream collared roos but are they just hit and miss on color?

Thanks for any assistance.

Okay I am about ready to take my Greenfire juvies and set them up in their own breeder pens, but I am confused....I have red hens and blond (wheaten) hens and I have red necked roos and cream necked roos---which roo goes with which hen? Will they breed true? I prefer the wheaten hens and cream collared roos but are they just hit and miss on color?

Thanks for any assistance.
They are all Wheaten. In the U.S. we have Gold Wheaten (red), Blue Wheaten, and Silver Wheaten (often labelled called Gold Duckwing). But since they are all Wheaten color, you can run them together and you will get a certain percentage of each. After a few generations, you will also get Silver Blue Wheaten.

And if I just run the "Gold Duckwing" roo with my lightest hens and sell the rest will they still throw the Gold? Would this be like breeding splash to splash and also need color infusion over time? Thanks you for the information. I am good with the blue and lavender breeding chart, but wheaten is new on me. PS: How does Blue happen?
fl.gif

Christine

Rare Feathers Ranch - Herald CA

And if I just run the "Gold Duckwing" roo with my lightest hens and sell the rest will they still throw the Gold? Would this be like breeding splash to splash and also need color infusion over time? Thanks you for the information. I am good with the blue and lavender breeding chart, but wheaten is new on me. PS: How does Blue happen?
fl.gif

Christine

Rare Feathers Ranch - Herald CA
The Gold Wheaten is going to throw the blue chested and the black chested ones with gold hackles. The Silver Wheaten (what you are calling Gold Duckwing) is going to throw black with silver hackles. The girls are all going to be different shades of the cream wheaten color. It is really difficult to tell the secondary color of the girls unless you go plucking feathers.

So the primary color is either blue or black. The secondary color is either silver or gold.

My sister received a trio of white Sulmtalers this spring. Unfortunately she lost the cockerel a couple of weeks ago.

I received one lonely Sulmtaler cockerel, but he isn't white.

So my question is what do we get if we breed these two colors together?

Also what is his color called?

Back
Top Bottom